Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs trap a tony?

• 08-01-2004 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Spurs have opened talks with Trapattoni. Can he turn the clubs fortunes around?

It's rumoured that they have to sell either Kanoute or Keane in order to fund a bid for Dawson and Reid from Forest.

Great result last night for them, Simon Davies seems to have made a good comeback.

Any Spurs fans have a view on all of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a pity boards does'nt have a Topic line of the week award! :D

Mike.

ps They'd be mad to sell Keane...unless Wolves buy him back! :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

No truth in the Reid & Dawson rumours, or at least selling K & K to fund a bid. Neither will be going anywhere. I'd love Reid at the club though. Dunno about Dawson, never really heard of him.

I'd still have Hiddink ahead of anybody else, but this is just dreaming I'd imagine. Still, it's nice being linked with a manager like Trap, though as simiaras said he's getting on a bit. I just hope whoever it is does the job!

Great result last night, though after Birmingham got their goal I couldn't help fear that they'd get another and then draw equal - one of the 'features' of being a Spurs fan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

why do people keep ascoitiating O'Neill with Tottenham. he's not going to go there end of story. I also doubt tottenham could get curbishly he'd be stupid to change club right during his sides first showings of being a top 4-6 club.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Big Ears, it's not just about how the club is doing now, but what's in line for the future. Curbishley has admitted to being frustrated that his club won't be spending any money during this transfer window, and when the summer comes along they'll probably not be able to afford much either. They have an ok squad with a great manager who motivate his players to a very high level. They'll also probably lose Scott Parker, who is without a doubt their best player. Curbs might feel that he's brought Charlton as far as he can and might look for a new challenge. How many times have you heard Curbishley being mentioned as a manager who needs to look beyond Charlton to realise the potential he's supposed to have?

The same can be said of O'Neill, though I doubt any of the rumours involving him are true. And yes I do see O'Neill going somewhere like Liverpool, even though he constantly denies it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Flammableboy

I was at the birmingham game, and it was a superb game. Main reason there was a huge sigh of relief after game. I must say that Dalmat was simply unbelievable. Watching him for the whole game he was class. I have good feelings for the future. I reckon levy has a few quid to invest at end of season, plus the 15 million that will be raised easily by that #250 pound share scheme. Hes waiting for new manager at end of season, bring him in, give him 15-20 big ones and start a new slate. People might slag the current team, but I think they are all good players with lots to give. I remember the bad old days of Gross and Berti and zimmerframe Klinnsman etc.

Advertisement