Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom dsl stats page?

• 08-01-2004 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

where do you check how much of your cap you have used?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Search broken again?

http://dslstats.eircom.net/

The link is also on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well it is kind of a hard thing to search for there is so much talk of caps etc...
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

its a bit bojangled.

the information is only shown up to november with no total for dec and no current monthly data shown either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

"bojangled" ?
    The word is ****ed. =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

is that a real word, or is it a south side thing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

ye my stats havent moved either, surely they wont overcharge if u didnt know that u had gone over the cap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well afaik they have never charged anyone
    so they can hardly start now that the page is broken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Yelnahs
    ye my stats havent moved either, surely they wont overcharge if u didnt know that u had gone over the cap?
    Do you know how much your phone bill is going to be before you receive it? Why would you think charging for Broadband would be any different?

(You won't be charged anyway, but it's not because the dslstats page wasn't working).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

>> Do you know how much your phone bill is going to be before you receive it? Why would you think charging for Broadband would be any different?

Yes with O2 I can check my phone bill on the Web before it arrives and I would expect the same for a capped DSL service. Data isn't so easily measured by end users who have higher expectations from modern services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by yellabelly
    >> Do you know how much your phone bill is going to be before you receive it? Why would you think charging for Broadband would be any different?

Yes with O2 I can check my phone bill on the Web before it arrives and I would expect the same for a capped DSL service. Data isn't so easily measured by end users who have higher expectations from modern services.
    Well, when O2 start offering broadband, feel free to argue with them if they keep billing you when their stats page goes down.

You can't check your phone bill "as you go" with oreillycom. So not having access to stats for broadband wouldn't be an excuse for paying, if they billed you, which they won't, so it's all a waste of bandwidth arguing about it anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement