Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox: Need a Game for XBox Live

Options
  • 08-01-2004 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Just got connected up to XBox Live and I am looking for game recommendations.

What I am looking for is a "running-around-shooting-people" game that you can just join in and start shooting (a Quake type job would be great, tis a couple of years since I was gaming last and I am new to the Xbox).

I do have rainbow 6, but I am still getting to grips with it and I am keen to get online and start playing something.

PS Please no smart reply’s from PC users :rolleyes:, I don’t have a decent one at the moment and it will be while before I have the money to by one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Mech assault is good for a laugh. Ive also heard good things about return to castle wolfenstein but if your looking for a quake style game Unreal championship is probly the best idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Although not run around and shooty type games, you can't go wrong with Top Spin and Project Gotham 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Crimsom Skies is to my mind, the best Xbox Live game currently on the market, however since you want an FPS, Wolfenstein or XIII should fit the bill and are both very good. Rainbow 6 is great too, but you already own that.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Top Spin and Project Gotham 2 are the most popular Xbox Live games - You really CANT go wrong with them both ;) I highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

is Counter Strike any good on the Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Rabies I thought it was pure sh1t, but loads of people like it.
    Its ALOT better on PC, but as it goes for Xbox its alright, you could get loads of enjoyment out of it online if you never played it on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Cheers for all the recommendations, I will have to go shopping on the way home from work tonight :D

Advertisement