Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp3 tags

• 08-01-2004 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure where to post this one, so here will have to do!
    I have a load of random mp3 tunes which I downloaded, however, many of them are not tagged. There are too many to go through by hand, so can anyone reccommend a useful utility for some kind of automating of the process?

cheers

KR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Im using iTunes to retag all my music, it's still fairly laborious but it's alot handier than winamp.

Be warned though, if you install iTunes make sure you turn off the option to move all music to the iTunes directory...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

I've got a utility that can batch process mp3s and their tags. It's on another HD so I'll have a root for it next time I use it.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

MusicMatch Jukebox has a super tagging facility but this isn't activated in the free version of the package....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Ta' for the suggestions, I used 'id3-tagit'. Handy app

KR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that program wont work for me for some reason

OS is Win XP Pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mp3 tag studio is what i use and i think it's the easiest but it's the only one i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    that program wont work for me for some reason

OS is Win XP Pro

Unfortunately, it needs the Microsoft .NET framework installed, but I think that's on the XP CD. It's definitely on the SP1 CD. Otherwise a hefty 24 Mb download here from the Microsoft site.

It's worth it anyhow, that id-tagit yoke is the bee's knees of taggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

:(

i'll give that mp3 tag studio a go and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I think there's one called mp3tag. Either way, you can get it from pricelessware.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

• Advertisement
Advertisement