Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Outlook Express/UTV mail server prob

Options
  • 08-01-2004 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

When I use Outlook Express it wants to receive all the e-mails utv ever sent to one of my accounts - about 3000 posts! :eek: I checked the account setting and compared it with other accounts I have with indigo and iol, there is no difference. Yet they behave and only receive new e-mails... how do I stop the avalanche from the utvinternet server?

Mike.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Open Tools > Accounts and double-click on the relevant account. Choose the Advanced tab and look down at the Delivery panel. What are the settings?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Adavances tab setting are

outlook.jpg

Much easier than explaining!

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Right. Are you sure that when you set up that account before, the "Leave a copy" checkbox wasn't checked? That's probably why there's 3000 messages on the server. A quick fix is to check the box, but you'd be better off asking UTV to flush the account.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers, you wont belive me but that hold copy on server option was my main point of concern which is why I check the other accounts to see if the same was checked or not....I must have had it ticked at some point. (Opera is my main client) Anyway I can deal with it now you've confirmed the problem.

Mike.

Advertisement