Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Heh heh.
    UT is very different to Q3 tho. Over confidence can be a dangerous thing smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 delly_monster

I dont know how to reply to that.

either.....

1) thankyou for making people more inclined to come over and have ago against me (if that was your intention, cheers m8)

or....

2) ****ed off for being slagged about my q3/UT playing by someone I dont even know let alone played q3 against.

Let me get this right you had the game for 1month when you beat me at q3 tdm, we got q3 full version the day it came out so how could you have played me at q3test, (small point)

Firstly put your money where your mouth is..

.. rather than just making vague claims, and also what bearing does my q3 ability have on my UT ability (very little if any), but I'd whip your **** at both, there are only 2 people who have beaten me at q3 (prob. because i never play it anymore cause UT is so much more FUN) and no one has regularly at UT, so I await your measly challenge.. tongue.gif

good luck inferior being..

ABOUT QUAKEWORLD.
    FIRSTLY DEMAND IS LOW FOR IT SO ..
    SECONDLY ACTUALLY I HAVE FILLED UP THOSE WICKED MACHINES UNFORTUNATELY WITH GAMES
    THIRDLY 40MB, GET REAL >150MB

I WILL STICK IT ON THE SERVER SO YOU CAN ALL PLAY IT FROM THERE, IT WORKS OK MOST OF THE TIME, FEW FUNNY SIDE EFFECTS SOMETIMES..

[This message has been edited by delly_monster (edited 28-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

How about a fiver off for beating you at q3? Cause 15 quid i could hack, but 20 quid is twice nethouses price. And you could stick on smallquake, thats about 20 megs decompressed, and plays perfectly?
    Quozl

*Me checks quake directory. 80 mb big quake*
    *me rekons small quake might be less smile.gif*
    Ya just got there b4 me quozl tongue.gif

Ye QW is dying. Was jus wonderin. Sok tho.
    We will still love Q3, cause it rox!.
    Maybe UT is better but I just cant get into both of them.
    But on a LAN any game would be great crack. I hope you can play with us?

Ill give ya £200000000 quid if you can just get X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter on yer network in 2 years time when Im a regular there(Ill b living in cork then) smile.gif
    Well....almost £2000000000

And can we bring our own mice? Its just it makes it that bit better with your own mouse. And (really sorry to say this btw) the ONLY < thing that let the place down imho was that the mouse I had last time wasnt great. pleeeeeeeeeeease dont jump down my throat 4 sayin it 'cause its still a cool place. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 28-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Grrrreeeaaatttt!!!! smile.gif

delly_monster - what sort of mouse drivers do you have installed? I'd love to bring my USB intellimouse explorer but if I have to install drivers that could be a problem.

Also would you accept a chalenge using just the maps featured in the demo? I made the mistake of buying Q3 and can't afford to buy UT yet.

BugBlaster - have you got an exact date yet?

• Advertisement

your right the mice we had were s.h.i.t.e , because when we first got em we thought there wouldnt be games,

I've got new mice now smile.gif, they are microsoft frown.gif thingys and they are really great (real smooth), I have three mice with rollers and the rest just have 2 buttons. Bring your own mice, drivers NO problem.. as long as there isnt a 15mb installation prog..! biggrin.gif

No Im not taking anyone on at q3 for money I ve only played it about 3 times in the past 2months

The nethouse does 10 pounds for 10 hours are you fuking kidding. I think you must be wrong dude...

I think its a pretty good deal seeing as you are completely tieing up a computer ALL DAY, like 60quids worth for 20quid..

ah well see you there if your up for it guys!! Better practice UT!!

Lastly Yes I'll play demo maps, infact those are still some of the best in the game!! cool.gif

keep it real bayes.

[This message has been edited by delly_monster (edited 29-02-2000).]

read previous posts

if £20 (10hours) is too much guys you can always stay for 5hours at normal rate = £15.

just a thought,

oh yea latest games list:

SIN, QUAKE3, UT, GTA2, AVP, FIFA99, RALLY2000, HALF LIFE, KINGPIN, TIBERIUN SUN, GP500, SUPERBIKE, FAprem stars, Flight Sim 2000, SEGA Rally2 smile.gif, Jedi Knight, GTA, (&LONDON),Urban Chaos smile.gif, StarCraft, G2 Racing and Descent 3.. phew..

if £20 (10hours) is too much guys you can always stay for 5hours at normal rate = £15.

just a thought,

oh yea latest games list:

SIN, QUAKE3, UT, GTA2, AVP, FIFA99, RALLY2000, HALF LIFE, KINGPIN, TIBERIUN SUN, GP500, SUPERBIKE, FAprem stars, Flight Sim 2000, SEGA Rally2 smile.gif, Jedi Knight, GTA, (&LONDON),Urban Chaos smile.gif, StarCraft, G2 Racing and Descent 3.. phew.. biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Descent 3 - now I'm thinking I want to bring my joystick too frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

How many spaces left and how much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

sega rally 2 eh?
    looks like a trip to cork is in order smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

OK lads... Lets all get together at 10am there on the 20th(or should it be the 13th)march ... saturday fer ppl with noe kalendurs smile.gif

max ppl allowed : 15
    book your place now.
    reason for max places, they have 12 pcs... you get a rest fer some beers (the long valley pub next door) and Burgers (mac d's the other side) and also to give ppl a chance to slag each other off.. so if you look at it like that it could turn out to be not as expensive as you dont get to be on a machine all the time,
    Oh and Delly... ???// what are you going to charge the lads bringin their own slow smile.gif machines :P BTW lads....table space is limited in there at the mo, so not everyone can bring their own machines either.

you can Book your place on the new cork lan thread.... but if you dont turn up on the day early i.e. before 11 then your place gets thrown to the crowds of other ppl waiting to play.

I think ten hours for 20 is fine. they are loosing out in there to the public use which they could make a few bob on so in fairness dont haggle about a few quids and loike in ten hours your eyes die anyway eek.gif

I'm lookin forward to playin all ye hpbs on a fair ping again :P

oh and will ye pay for me again like the last time cool.gif

cya there Peeps
    Bug

Ill pay for you Bug, but only because your beatuiful tongue.gif

Advertisement