Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will 7" wide alloys fit a 97 punto?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i have a ford fiesta and i have 7" wide alloys on her, have had alot of trouble with the rear suspension, the tyres are too wide and eveytime theres a load in the back and i go over a bump or hit pothole or whatever then the suspension bangs off the wheel, had to get new stiffer and slimmer suspension.

but thats because the suspension is over the wheel on the fiesta , i know on some other cars that the suspension is inside the wheel and not over it, not sure about the punto though.

he could also have trouble with the outside of the tyre hitting the rim of the wheel arch

both nice alloys but the Oz are nicer, ask the dealer if he can fit one on the back of the car to see if it fits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Cheers Draffodx,
    Sound advice :)
    I'm a bit worried for the suspension at the rear and the inner splashguards at the front (when turning) if he gets the 7"....

Gonna google a big for it again...hopefully something will turn up
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Zer0^

cant you go and ask at a garage ?

Advertisement