Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thanks Sky!

Options
  • 27-02-2000 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Many thanks for a great weekend smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

PS own U

I think H might have something to say about that John frown.gif

Wish I could have stayed to play in that game

Anyway, nice one SC.

Oh and thanks to Sonic for helping me with some computer problems (and for buying me a pint)

Same time next week lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

yeah cheers dave, deadly fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

absolutely, big thank you to the dave man himself; it fair roXored didnt it? oh and thanks to everyone who let me use their machines and to sonic for buying me oint0rs. mmmmm yesssss next week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yeah nice one skyclad, also thanks to nethouse for sponsoring the duels

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

dave u de man , sam i hear ur queer? cool.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

even if i only managed to have about 4 games was still a great weekend!
    cheers dave for organising it and to the two netsoc lads who were around..
    and to me for carting down all those tables we used smile.gif
    mental note: buy network card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

/me really REALLY needs some sleep now...

Anyway hope all who attended enjoyed... grats to Koopa for winning the competition, and uber thanks to all the people who helped set up, and also those who tried desperately to keep me sane for the weekend.

So whens next?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Seriously cool Lan Dave....cheers for all the organising....had a great time! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Toulouse (edited 28-02-2000).]

"So whens next?"

A very good question.

Lads, I think we are getting better at organising these semi-big LANs. The whole setup went smoothly and despite the power cut (which was handled fairly quickly and let me get some lunch) there were no major problems.

El

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

that was a great lan dave, lots of fun. I would also like to thank Sonic for the point as well, I also have an idea for the next lan, in celbridge there is a place called the mill they have a youth center there, below it there is a large hall and a big car park out the back of it, as of yet i have not been able to find a number for it to find out how much it will cost if any one knows the number could they please post it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

nice one , sutty if u are thinking of organising one , gimme a buzz and ill do my best to help out cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

celbridge that'd be handy..
    the mill wouldnt be 24hrs.
    usually closes about 10 or so during week.
    loads of smallish rooms in there for about 15-25 pcs and a few larger rooms for a bigger group.
    for some reason their phone number aint in the celbridge directory
    awkard *******s heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Cheers Sky and all the set up guys.. Had a great weekend and enjoyed all the games. Looking forward to the next one. smile.gif
    thx
    Jedi

Hi all

I'm going to go to celbridge tomorrow to see what can be setup, also my sisters B/F said that he would look in to his old school for me, wether he dose this or not is up to the godds. I'll get back on about 4 o'clock tomorrow. I would not mind to setup this lan but i would need alot of help with hubs, servers, ect...
    also if anyone that setup big lans before could give me some mails on what i would need to charge for,ie.. power, Electricians and so on

Sutty, good to see your making an effort.

Not sure about the mill though, if Kali is right and it closes at 10 then its no good to us.

The requirements for a really good LAN venue are simple.

Lots of space

Good power supply

We have to be able to stay ALL weekend if we want.

Be reasonabley accesable to most players.

This may be a community centre or a school hall maybe?

what do you think the mill is andy?
    its a community centre!!!

Advertisement