Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheesed off???????

Options
  • 08-01-2004 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

is everyone still pissed off with me eh??

i got a 94 civic saloon to replace that mad coupe i sold,.,... i had alot of trouble with it........

i mean ALOT. i lost the key of it in limerick the day i was to pick up my bro from dublin before xmas, and the useless wan&*£ that i got the car from had no spare key.........the key i had was the spare key, it had no plastic end to it, i prob lost it out of my narrow pocket crossing the mad streets.

anyways, i had to get a new key ordered from dublin (after i had the lock ripped off trying to get a key from a locksmith)
    then i had to rip off the immobiliser and put the ignition wires back to where they should be.

im pretty much ****ed from all the going, and of course, i paid the 80 euro fine, they can load there new year coffer with it. i have wasted all my 2 weeks holidays cos of my car.......booooooo

seriously thou, im not a loony reckless driver........i have seen zillions of hopeless drivers in my near 10 years of driving, im not saying im the best driver in the world, no one is perfect in anysense, but i think im a good driver and i anticipate the road ahead........<ahem>

i mean am i to believe the people in skylines (seen a few down her over chrimbo) wrx's, evo's and bmw's never hit 3 figures on our humble roads.?

not that i approve of this sort of speed, but its just a general question.i hope everyone has a cracking 2004 and safe motoring ^^

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

I was never pissed off with you. ;) I'm afraid you got mobbed by a gang of morally indignant self righteous prigs the last time.

Driving on a wide open road with a clear view at 80mph is not dangerous per se. There's a difference between driving at speed and driving dangerously.
    Just make sure your speed is appropriate to the conditions and that you don't over-estimate your driving capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

Ah ColinM...

Yes of course you should be able to drive as fast as you judge is safe, if anyone doesnt get out of your way when you flash them, they are assholes. Young men naturally have much better reactions and can afford nice powerful cars so rules that are designed for elderly Micra drivers shouldn't apply to them.

Get your post out of my way, flash flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ColinM
    I was never pissed off with you. ;) I'm afraid you got mobbed by a gang of morally indignant self righteous prigs the last time.
    Heh, that'd be me included I suppose (I went first). I wasn't pissed off with you (exinthesea) either, I just found it amazing that you complained about it.

Sorry to hear about your key troubles. Incidentally, the most robbed car in Limerick in 2003 (probably elsewhere as well, but I asked a local copper here) by far was the civic so it could have been worse when you were parking here.

I have three sets of keys. When I sell the car I'm planning on having three sets of keys to hand over. I'd probably be as impressed as you were if I bought a car and was handed one broken key to open it with.

Ah good man, sceptey. I didn't re-read the original thread before posting that, so I didn't remember you were one of the instigators of the general tut-tutting.
    I'd like to take the opportunity now to redirect my scolding away from you towards the other, general nondescript prigs if I may! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement