Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3Fortress

Options
  • 29-02-2000 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Anyone else as excited about this as I am?

TF was cool in quake and HL so this should be class.
    http://www.q3fortress.com

Take a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Oh yeah.
    I've been looking out for this for a while. TF was easily one of the better Q1 mods, but limited by what the engine could do. Wars my ar$e, this mod is what teamplay is ALL about.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Jaden - I disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[SG]BGA

I've been alpha testing Q3F an it rocks smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I would expect that.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

There has been wibbling going around that the people behind Q3Fortress (and the team behind UTFortress) may well be hearing from Valve's solicitors... An increasing number of mods are getting legally stamped upon. Generations, Aliens... both crushed by legal notices. Bah.

I'd like to see Q3 TF. Be interesting to see if my suspicions about the Q3 engine not being able to handle large spaces are true...

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Shinji, as far as I am concerned the only engine that has ever done big outside areas well in a FPS was tribes and this was its big selling point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

I am really excited about this too. If there was a game that combined the huge spacial environment of Tribes with the touches that quake has, the playability, weapons etc.. and pacjkaged it with genuine team work and tactics, then it would explode. Even I would begin to play online and unleash the mighty force of Team Discovery Channel upon you all. I might even convince a few Gloware holders to play too. You'd be so fu.cked Sutty.

Thems fightin words Kev... smile.gif

Just accept it, Rory would kick all your asses if he tried, especially yours Andy. I think you should assasinate him before his flock grows too large. He does have that strange Gloware force.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

That means he must be better than me at this stage. Ah am so scared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

hay kev do you want a peice of me?? well do ya???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

erm, why do all these threads generally become reduced to petty banter by you lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

El pres: I wasn't even thinking of huge open spaces like Tribes; more like the sort of "reasonably large valleys" and whatnot that the Unreal engine, and also to a degree the Half-Life engine, can do.

The Q3A arena does small indoor areas, and it does them spectacularly well - but in order to do that, it has been hacked about, and it "cheats" in a lot of ways, on stuff like clipping, that would be immediately obvious in a wide open space environment.

This isn't a comment on the playability of the game at all, simply on the suitability of the graphics engine for application in a Fortress style game.

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

One more post to make this my first "hot" topic

smile.gif

(im such a nerd)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

I agree with El_Presidente. Very aggressive talk.

I'll make it flame andy by saying,
    Yo, Sutty, yo gotta be snoop upside down inside yo head to be jackin off like that on me. I'm da bomb baby. I'm the guy with all the moves. I'm the cat who ain't gonna bolt when the danger comes. And I have a homeboy here beside me who WILL unleash the power of Gloware on you. I'd hide under some mutha-fu<king rock yo pink assed hussy. Aoooow! I'll just let my homeboy Rory administa the beating. Aoooww!!!
    No offense Sutty, just needed to jive.

Puffy will never be as hard as the Hammer man in my eyes.

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

Advertisement