Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows doesnt reconise cd-rw drive on start up

Options
  • 08-01-2004 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

windows doesnt reconise my cd-rw drive after it is fully loaded and i dont know why.

i have to go into system>hardware>then detect hardware changes (something lie that) to get the drive to show up in my computer, it doesnt reapear on a new boot

bios detects all my drives, all are cable select wich worked fine on my last 2 os's, i have winxp pro now.

anyone able to help me??

thanks in advance

Jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

all are cable select wich worked fine on my last 2 os's

how many drives have you?

best bet is hdd's on ide 0, main jumpered to master and set the other to slave if you have one,then cd roms on ide1,

cable select is old and used with ide cables with a hole in them,the master goes to the middle port

having said that sisoft sandra benchmarks were much higher on my old pentium pro pc when i jumpered its WD2.5gig to cable select

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

have 1 sata drive (hard disk)

2 ide cd drives (rw & dvd) and a ide hard drive

the rw has its own ribbon (the drive giving trouble) so should i set that to primary then

and the other hd and dvd on the other ribbon, dont use that hd much just music and stuff, so i should have one primary and the other master then?

will try it later when i get home

Thank for the reply hope it will work

jozi

Advertisement