Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic Rumor ???

Options
  • 08-01-2004 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

I just heard that anyone under 25 soon wont be able to insure Honda civics is this true ?.Sounds like crap to me but knowing the insurance companies in this country i wouldnt put it past them :(.

PS. Thx to all for the info a while back i finaly picked up a spotless un-thrashed :) 92 1.6 ESI H/B for €2300.

PPS If the Rumor is true i might be able to get a VTI soon :D .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

thats tripe.

They may rase the price on insurance for first time buyers of a civic, but they cant not insure people on a 1.4 ltr engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Can't they just say "Oh, we don't quote for Civics?" or "Sure, that'll be €7,000 please".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Can't they just say "Oh, we don't quote for Civics?" or "Sure, that'll be €7,000 please".

Tis true when i went to FBD the first question they asked was it a VTI , I says no they says OK.

BTW im not advertising but FBD was €160 cheaper than any other quote i got :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

it wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

The ESi is a cracking car, also I hear Honda are selling the VTi front lip for only 50 euro if your's doesn't have one already. I also recommended delocking the car and installing a fuel cutoff switch. If you need any info/help with the Civic give me a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I had to laugh i bought it as a quick cheap run around.I wasnt realy thinking of jazzing it up but my 17 year old nephew went and bought me some mats,gear knob,steering wheel cover and some fancy pedals for xmas hehehe.
    I figure he cant afford his own at the moment so he,s adopted mine until he can :D.

What do you mean by delocking ?.Do you mean rather than getting a smashed window leave it open and just make sure they cant drive it away with the cut of switch ?

PS what colour do the front spoilers usaly come in ?.And where would i get one HAHA (so much for not jazzing it up)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

The front lip comes in black only - same as the sideskirts on the car. They aren't anything dramatic, just a nice touch. 55 euro from Tom Canavans

There is a car on the front page of this site http://www.inlinefour.com/ , that has the lower lip/spoiler on it.

Presuming your car has an alarm, that also controls your central locking, you would then get the rear handles from a saloon civic, and replace the front handles on yours with these. You also remove one of the bars that opens the door (you've seen people putting a cloths hanger down the car door between the glass and the door ?) The locks are crap on Hondas, so best not to have them. A fuel cutoff switch should also be done, and placed in a very unobvious place. A few friends have also put cold-weld (not sure if thats the name) , but its 2 creams that mix together and supposedly weld things. These would be put around the steering column etc.

For glass put a tint on - it doesn't have to be black, you can just as easily get a clear tint - but remember, its better to deter them, so something between clear and black would be best.

and last but not least , a big F-off chain around the steering wheel to the pedals or seat.

All of the above are useless on their own - but all together, they make Mr. Car-Thief move to the next car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

nah something like an age ban like that aint gonna come in....they could up the price of course.....not that they are not charging enough already...its crazy

Advertisement