Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 24 hr lan at the mill

Options
  • 01-03-2000 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just got off the phone with the manager of the mill in Celbridge Co Kildare, He said that he would have to know haw many people would be coming to this LAN, I said about 60 comps, He was ok about everything. I need to get back on to him with an answer of the amount by the end of the week and also the best time, He said he would have no probs with us setting up at 6am on a Saturday and stopping 12 at night on Sunday, I'll see if I can change the times. Also if DeVore of Dave could E-mail me with the prices of thing's that would be great, i.e. how much where the halls for dub, trinlan? How many power points do we need for a stable LAN?

I told him that we where not set for a date yet, but I would get back to him, if people could send me mails on that, that would be great. I.e.. As soon as possible? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

please e-mail me at:

sutty@esatclear.ie

[This message has been edited by sutty (edited 01-03-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

btw I'll need help seting up a web page for this so if anyone can help there I'd be very great full. and remember if you have the will, I'll have the space smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

jeez mate,
    i hope ou know what yer in for.
    while i only helped with hardware and client setup for dublan, that was hard enough.
    but the whole logistics of it were huge.
    as for plugs....loads.
    who was it that pulled th plug at dublan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Here, Sutty ba, I must say I'm mighty impressed with you an' all so I am. I'll come to your LAN! Nice one.

thanks Vorosha, thats one 59 more to go, wwman would you be able to come/give a hand?

I pulled the plug on Dublan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm did someone say Lan smile.gif I'll head to it sutty !!! Just make sure you have UT Instagib & CTF Servers there.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, depends on the when and the where of it. if i can, sure. and i'll defo make sure theres an instagib server up paul. time to make you cry again wink.gif

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline.
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

LAN Good.
    28.8 modem bad.

I loikes LANs.

I goes to LANS.

I goes to this LAN.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Is it a Quake lan or a UT lan or a mixed lan?

its going to be a mixed lan and if i have to i'll use my comp as a server (but lets all hope i dont)
    How does two months from now sound to every one?
    as i said before the manager of the sport center in Celbridge was ok about it being 24hr. i'll need help with hubs, servers, switches, and a hand getting lan cable also i will need some one to give me a hand to setup of a web page with info on the lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

of course ill go sutt not to far to walk like:]

Hey jaden you can stay with me if you come down we would love to em see you again or somthing

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'll have to see bout exams and stuff...but I'll prolly make it smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

whoa the mill will actually do 24 hours?
    excellent ... unless they're looking for a lot of insurance money smile.gif
    actually safer doin 24hrs because they only have 1 guard and he aint the cleverest hehe

kane@redbrick.dcu.ie
    www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~kane

i all ready told him that we would sine wavers for the insurance like at trinlan smile.gif

I can set the date sooner if it conflicets with peoples exams, I haven't told him a certen date yet. could do it at the end of march if thats on with everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Sutty, I hope you know what your taking on here man smile.gif

I think its a great idea though and I'll be in touch with you soon about it and we can start bashing out some of the details.

El (this could be intersting) Pres

thats great you can help me with the web page smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

sutty bai , what i brought to leprecon ill bring to this , proper 24 hour lan nice one cool.gif , btw zero lad could u mail me jonathan.deane@ul.ie i need ur mail addy

[This message has been edited by Sonic (edited 01-03-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

sonic has just informed me he can get about 5 laptops smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

oh u **** biggrin.gif Bad memories of yesterday at work cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

YA sutty, count me in... though as im doing a bit o drivin to get there i wont be there to help ye setup... will bring a couple of leads n multipoints with me

smile.gif

and it all falls into place. "about 5 laptops " nice, what are the speks?
    sonic i'll try to get better times for setup, 6 am is to much for and i live down the road smile.gif

I'll try push friday night but it may be about 11 pm

• Advertisement

also i'll try get the hall for april 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

sure, im up for it.

btw, sory to be lame, how u do the new smile things?

gg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

Considering, how close most of the PS lads live to Celbridge, i'm sure we'd all be up to lend a hand. Have to ask tho. Chaos and myself currently inundated with college work. A lan literally in my back garden, SweeT.
    ps-SeáN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Excellent,

Need any help just let me know?

Tom (Jedi)

hay get your own post (I all ways wanted to say that), jedi, the rest of ps if you could help me out that would be great thanks, I'm going to ring the manager of the mill in a few min to set the date, I'm trying for setup on the Friday 31st of march and for it to go onto the sunday 2 of april, sound good to everyone?

ps... how much did that box of lan cable cost at trinlan?

[This message has been edited by sutty (edited 02-03-2000).]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Should be groovy - count me in smile.gif

Dav
    @B^)

sutty sorry there , there will only be one laptop , chaos was pulling the **** out of an incident in werk where i was setting up 5 comps and they all bluescreen simultaneously on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Ya know, a thought hit me today as I was sitting in a maths lecture, pondering mans ultimate place in the universe.

The mill runs a small hydro-electic power plant doesnt it?

If it does then thats out power problems sorted eh? smile.gif

Anyway Sutty, I'll be in contact with you soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

And it will be called mill-lan or just milan
    for short

Advertisement