Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Match

Options
  • 09-01-2004 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone want a DesertCombat match on Friday, 11pm GMT, on the Cavan Combat (games2.iol.ie) server? Preferably Irish people only :) I should be there arond 11ish.

It comes up as "Cavan Combat-0.6@Ireland Online".

Note; I don't own this server, but it is seemingly up all the time, and is Irish-Based, so it seems like a good idea.

As someone once said, "take the innovative". So I ask, who will come?

Will you be playing @ 11? 6 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i would come but i've work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Sounds like a plan....count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

sounds good, i'll be there if possible.

satch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by the_syco
    Anyone want a DesertCombat match on Friday, 11pm GMT, on the Cavan Combat (games2.iol.ie) server? Preferably Irish people only :)

People in Ireland only or Irish people only?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Angry_Penguin
    Sounds like a plan....count me in

Ill be there to teach Angry_Penguin what happens to avatar thiefs...:ninja:

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by the_syco

As someone once said, "take the innovative". So I ask, who will come?

Im innovative, but Id rather not be taken by you. :p

You mean "Take the Initiative" I guess?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    You mean "Take the Initiative" I guess?

I blame M$ Words dictionary for that one. I knew what word I wanted to use, but the spelling had escaped me @ the time.

koneko, I meant people based in Ireland. As some only have 56Kb modems, the Irish server would be good for them, and I'm hoping a few will come for the phun.

A few lads said that they could join, even with 56Kb modems, so I decided to call on them. As some only have net-gaming access @ home, and some have started college, I picked a Friday to hold it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I'll try and join in after 11.00.

The Fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Who cares if they are baised in Ireland or not? As long as they obide by the basic simple rules of obey Winters.

If i am around give me the heads up and ill join and give ya a map of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Winters, I only wanted to see what sort of, erm, particpation there was on our isle :)

=====
    =====

Nice game, tho. I was playing from 2300ish, till 0045. Most people was about 5 or 6 aside, with the last map having 2 a side. Not bad. My machine was a bit laggy, tho (have to defrag my 200GB HDD sometime), but beside's that, not a bad match :)

The main seeable problems;
    • Played the map with the big skyscraper. VERY laggy map, mainly due to the big towers. Always is (even on a LAN).
    • Played fairly big maps, with only a small amount of people.

Aside from that, it was fun. Alot of people enjoyed flying, so "No Fly Zone" should be considered by the mods next time, as its a pure flying map :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement