Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.G.N

Options
  • 28-02-2000 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I now u guys are doing ur best but anymore news on servers??

Blasta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I hear that the power lines took out a router... which must have thrown a considerably large spanner in the works...

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

these power lines must be stopped at all costs before they get to bw or topsid.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Whats happened is at best unclear.
    People making up rumours isnt helping either.

Things were a little strange on Friday which could just be paranoia or it might not be.

Currently, we have to make contact with Eircom on Tuesday to see what the situation is.

I dunno when the servers are going to come back but if its a fault, we'll be back up when they get round to us (I understand East point was without connectivity for a while too over the weekend).

If the worst is true and we have had the plug pulled on us, I've a few ideas and lot of ears I'm going to have a word in.
    I really doubt its that, at least until its confirmed to me.

Everyone just try and keep calm and take your methedone for the withdrawls...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

UT?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tinet was fine to barrysworld
    by the way, waws there a prolem with wireplay, as i couldnt ping any of their servers last night and wireplay #7 ctf is one of my fav servers, and i couldnt play on it frown.gif

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline.
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Twas working fine at about 8 and later at about 11 or so Eamo.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"Once again this is rumour control"
    /me looks at ceiling for large alien thing...

There were some issues with the servers and they were taken offline to be checked. Then someone put their JCB through the floor and our little servers were forgotten in the mosh.

Our games servers will be back Real Soon Now (should be <24 hours). But our beloved irc.quake.ie did not survive the trauma, alas.

For the moment use
    irc.barrysworld.com
    irc.intensive.co.uk
    irc.b0rk.com (or .co.uk cant remember which)

We'll see what can be done about returning the situation to normal asap.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Will irc.quake.ie be resurrected sometime in the future?

I dont know. A lot depends on the next few weeks. I wouldnt expect to see it any time soon.

This was all a little to close for comfort to be honest as we had only just recently been talking about stablising the IGN into something with a bit more solidity to it (it will NEVER make money imho but its worth having about for our servers smile.gif )

BTW before the conspiracy theorists start that this was me secretly haxoring the boxes to force the massing crowds to boards.ie, it wasnt. It was rather eerie timing tho, kinda like walking out of a house only to have to collapse right behind you....

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Or, as an alternative to methadone, I should point out that IOL, Tinet and Indigo were all giving excellent pings to Barrysworld and Wireplay last night. I was getting a consistent 70 to the BW UT League server, even with Roger Wilco open and transmitting... And thats over a sygate connect! smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yeah right DeV wink.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I always knew you were in it for the money from the start Tom!!! As yer trusty Lieutenant, where's my share?

DaVore
    @B^)

*Disclaimer*
    Tom is not in it for the money - let's not start another one of THOSE arguements again smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 02-03-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I'm getting a really rubbish connection at the moment with Esat. Iols fine though

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

Advertisement