Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question: Freckles

Options
  • 09-01-2004 4:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Generally, do freckles cause problems with tattoos?
    Does the ink cover them completely, or does it look thick?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by goo
    Generally, do freckles cause problems with tattoos?
    Does the ink cover them completely, or does it look thick?

Thanks

As a fresh tattoo, yes, they'll be covered, but over time the pigment starts to fade and your freckles will become more visible again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by eth0_
    As a fresh tattoo, yes, they'll be covered, but over time the pigment starts to fade and your freckles will become more visible again.

It depends on the colour of the Tattoo.Black tattoos will cover freckles completely whereas lighter colours(blue,green etc) allow the pigment in the freckle to come through again as the pigment settles into the skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

well i have a tattoo (all blackwork) on my arm and i have a couple of dark freckles in and around it but it doesnt really bother me to tell you the truth... if however you have a lot of freckles, then definately stick to clear blackwork, and probably keep the lines thick too... stay away from any reddish tones of ink whatsoever because after time it will fade.. that is a given.. so as long as your thinkin of what it will look like in 5-10 yrs then just go for it... !
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement