Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid one use credit card?!

Options
  • 09-01-2004 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if any bank offers a facility that allow you to prepay to a certain amount the value and then use it for an online transaction? I think I remember hearing AIB used/still offer such a service?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you have an AIB Visa card you can use transactonline which generates a one time use only credit card number, but it isn't prepaid as such :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ah ok.. my main problem is I have no pre existing credit card ;) Im deemed "unsuitable" unsuitable I tell you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Giz the money and I'll give ya a single use card number ...(Transactonline of course)

WARNING

These are difficult to use with US sites !

M

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Muck
    WARNING
    Muck might keep your money! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Then Muck would be open to the opprobium he deserves :D

Find someone....anyone... with an AIB CC and 24 Hour Banking (both) and get them to ring the 24 Hour people and agree a password for Transactonline (its not the PIN ) it only takes a phone call.

d/l the 1Mb prog to a PC running windoze

Generate away...in fact AIB liked it so much they bought the company who developed it Orbiscom !

M

• Advertisement
Advertisement