Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Enterprises terrible record

• 09-01-2004 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

ok ok,before anyone shoots me for saying that :D
    firstly yes the Enterprise as a fed ship has done very well for its self but has anyone felt it gets "destroyed" a little too often. Yes i know exploring space is a dangerous business but considering its record when the enterprise has an away mission someone usually gets killed/injured, most if not all Enterprises went down in flames,perhaps im being overly critical, but with a record of all Enterprises would you feel comfortable being posted to a ship with that safety record?. Also how does a fed ship earn the A or B or C beside its name, besides from being destroyed then being rebuilt,is their any other way of getting it? Also the letters NX before the ships registry number does that mean the ship is still in its experimental/testing stages? Thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Not at all.
    NX is the name of the Warp 5 Program Used in Enterprise.
    NCC (Not defined offically) is the code used in the older episodes

The NCC 1701 was decommissioned
    The NCC 1701-A was scuttled with the survival of all hands
    The NCC 1701-B was decommissioned
    The NCC 1701-C was lost in action (only a few survivors)
    The NCC 1701-D was lost in action (Minor causualitys)
    The NCC 1701-E is still in service

And every time it does blow up some quantum loop means the crew can stop it.

So there you have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Also how does a fed ship earn the A or B or C beside its name, besides from being destroyed then being rebuilt,is their any other way of getting it?

Its a honnor for the enterprise only no other starfleet ships have a letter after their name
    Also the letters NX before the ships registry number does that mean the ship is still in its experimental/testing stages? Thanks

Yep Nx is a experimental starfleet ship

The enterprise's where destroyed because they are the first in and last out in war or exploreing

plus nearly all enterprises where destroyed by a ship with a massive advanage over it (E-C against a few warbirds E-D against a bop able to get though its sheilds etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

A lot of ships get destroyed, not just the Enterprise ships. In battles against the Borg, the smaller ships get picked off like Lego toys, while the Enterprise is the one ship to put up any sort of resistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by tba
    The NCC 1701 was decommissioned
    The NCC 1701-A was scuttled with the survival of all hands
    Wrong.
    The NCC-1701 was self-destructed in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.
    The NCC-1701-A replaced it at the end of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
    The fate of the NCC-1701-B has not yet been established.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

A ship does not ahve to be destroyed to get a A B C
    When a ship is scraped or de-comissioned its sucessor will get a letter

One of the best names for a ship is "Bismark" A great German battleship from WWII
    I remember in Star Trek BOTF i would keep builing solverign ships until i got one called Bismarck then iwould train the crew and make it my flag ship

I wonder why you couldent name your own ships.....

• Advertisement

A ship does not ahve to be destroyed to get a A B C

No one said it does m8
    One of the best names for a ship is "Bismark"

:D i really wish i didnt change the S to a Z just incase some one else had the name....ah well Im the iron Chancellor!

Originally posted by bizmark
    Its a honnor for the enterprise only no other starfleet ships have a letter after their name

Yep Nx is a experimental starfleet ship

The enterprise's where destroyed because they are the first in and last out in war or exploreing

plus nearly all enterprises where destroyed by a ship with a massive advanage over it (E-C against a few warbirds E-D against a bop able to get though its sheilds etc)

Are you sure that only Enterprise has A B C?
    Since u mentioned it i cant actualy think of other ships besides the "san Palo" changed to Defiant (A)

But yet i know i have seen A B C after other ships....

Oh ye i remember in nemesis. They are usposed to meeet with a starfllet fleet on the other side of the barzan fist. The task force is called Omega A i must have misread that A to mean a ships name

Are u sure there are no other ships with A B C?

Yes im VERY VERY sure theirs no other ship (other than one mistake in Tng where a galaxy class was named uss yamoto-A but that was changed in the show where it exploded) and the dauntless but that was a alien ship.

The task force was made up of

1.Galaxy class
    1.intrepid class
    1.nova class
    1.Excellsour class
    1.Defaint (i think)
    and 2 other ships i dont know .........It was also called Taskforce Omega no A was in the name

From my Dvd

Enterprise-taskforce.jpg

ye i watched my DVD aswell and thought that OmegA was some ship name then the A after that was its designation

So does that mean that the enterprise and defiant are the only ships to get letters after them?

The Defaint doesnt have a letter either ...the still called the Nx-Defiant nx-***** no letter's

its ONLY the enterprise that has the honnor of a letter

Defiant shouldnt of got that either but they just needed to reuse stock images for the final battle (cheap gits)

• Advertisement

Yes They had special dispensation to change the name from San Polo to defiant
    There was no A mentioned

I wonder why we neaver saw more stuff on the promethus because that ship generated huge fan interest and was included in loads of mods for star trek games.
    The difficulty was getting multi vectar asualt mode to work.

Someone got it to work in Armada 2 but not in armada 1
    Bismarck is there a promethus mod with multi vectar in Bridge commander?

the prommy was shown in the last ep of voyager in the fleet to combat the borg ship that came out of the transwarp hub with voyager
    is there a promethus mod with multi vectar in Bridge commander

Its been worked on at the moment.

The promethus can also be seen in a few late DS9 season 7 episodes flying in the backround around the station.

it was only a prototype so REALLY it shouldnt of been in the war

True but they would want to test it in battle and they did need ships also it has been in starfleet for about a year by the end of the Dominion war so mabe they manifactured more of them? at Utopi Plentia

wouldnt think you could build a ship the size of the prommy in less than 1 year

I thought the prommy was small enough
    Smaller than a galaxy anyway about the legenth of a Akira but not as wide

Howeaver considering how complicated the prommy is i could see it taking more than a year to build

:ninja: it would take maybe 2 years to build and proform all the test;s to make sure it didnt explode :p

True. I wonder if they will eaver get that EMH mark 3 into production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by bizmark
    it was only a prototype so REALLY it shouldnt of been in the war

I'm sure that every ship was pressed into service during the war, anything that was capable of flying!

• Advertisement

True,
    when the breen attacked earth did they get utopia plentia aswell?
    If they did then that would have surley crippled the federation ship production

I dont think they did if they did it would have been mentioned. - The breen should have targeted utopi plentia instead of earth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

nothing like the pyschological shock though of going after earth, i'm sure star fleet has loads of ship yards apart from utopia planitia but a hit on the home planet you gotta love that

Ye they didnt like gettig there homeword attacked. Sure the founders didnt even like people knowing where there homewourld was.

Utopia is the most advanced shipyard in the federation. Thats where larger ships like solverign and prototypes like promethus and defiant are built.

I douth they could of hurt or destroyed Utopia p the defences around that place would be nearly the same as earth (they both have their own spacedocks!) and not one breen ship lived though the attack on earth + only did a small bit of damage

+ it would hurt the fed bad utopia is where the Defaints Galaxys and sovys are built and you CANT just transfere productsion to a different yard because they mighten be fited out to build sucj ships (more so the galaxy and sovy)

I think that a few breen ships surived (according to Damar)
    It was a great attck, that would be a battle i would have liked to see.

i don't think it would have affected the war that much if it had been destroyed as the war was only on for a couple of years its not like utopia could have lashed out many ships in that time that would have effected the grand scheme of things

Er Up would be lashing out ships as fast as it can (around 1,5 years for a war galaxy 3-5 months for a defiant etc) and its the largest fleet yards in the whole federasion by some (as i said it has a Space dock! and many many many many other ship building things also the main ship design gaff is their as well) it would of been devasateing for the fed if they lost it

3-5 months for a defiant so even if they lashed out about 50 in the war, in the grand scheme of what was it 10000 fed ships its probably no biggie, though i know during the war they weren't extactly fitting the galaxy classes out with arboretums and holodecks and the dolphin/whale tanks and stuff which would have great reduction i presume in build time

DATA! your a smart lad you know full well they wouldnt be building just one defaint every 3 month.......You seen a small part of Up in voyager *the one where seven goes back in time* as i recall they where building loads of different ships their....Akiras inteprids defiants Galaxys and more than just one at a time

dont make me go to dublin and smack you around abit

• Advertisement

i know but it begs the question how many can they build at one time

no idea be a lot id say maybe 40-70 a year off all different ship types ....not bad for one shipyard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Also , i would have liked to have seen a "small" battle scene with the Breen Attacking Space Dock , though, it would be madness to attack that , imagine the firepower!

the more than likely attacked when space dock was on the otherside of the planet so they wouldnt have to face it

Ya just dont go ****ing with half a billion ton of space station :D

2 things.

1.I could see a space dock been taken down by the breen with no trouble. First shot, all power and weapons and shiels go down.

2.70-80 ships a year sound good.

Do you remember the dominion "Monack shipyard"? that was very impressive, looked more like 40-50 ships a month

.I could see a space dock been taken down by the breen with no trouble. First shot, all power and weapons and shiels go down.

Na very much douth it the space dock would be massively armoured plus they would more than likely have many many back up power generators and computer core's + the space dock would have Planet based phasers stationed on it one shot one kill type of things

• Advertisement

Its hard to say. We dont know if the breen energy dampener would disable all power and computer cores, it might or might not effect the backups.

i douth it would though it would be a devoloped to take out captial ships not huge 4 mile long starbases

Are the SB actualy 4 miles long? i would say larger than that.

If it takes over a year to build a galaxy how long would you say it would take to build a SB? i would easley say 25+ years

hmm sorry their 3500 meters wide they around 7000+ meters long :eek:

ya starbases would take AGES to build like you said 20-30 years sounds goo

Advertisement