Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless connection crashes?

• 09-01-2004 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

hi, i got a dlink-604+ and a D-Link dwl-120+ wireless usb receiver, which appears to have a good signal..signal strenght about 55% and link quality about 99%

..but it seems to fail sometimes, with the link quality just crashing to 0% for a while for no apparent reason, which obviously disconnects the internet for this time!

any1 know why this might be?
    does this sort of problem ever happen to any1 else?
    its really frustrating, esp. if in the middle of an online game or something!

thanks
    hacksaw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

This is just a guess, so don't take it as set in stone truth...

USB devices need CPU cycles to work. So if your computer is running a game, and for some reason it maxes out the CPU, then the USB device may not have enough CPU time to run properly, and consequently "disconnects" as you say it has.

Alternatively, something could be blocking the signal intermitently (but i doubt it). Or it could be faulty.

My advice, try and get an ethernet version if you can.

Advertisement