Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2 mod

Options
  • 09-01-2004 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

whats the best place to get a new ps2 chipped?
    also sorry if this aint allowed. will delete if not. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retro,

if you know anyone decent in Dublin give me a pm. I too like RPGs and want to import them rather then hoping they get a euro release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

i can chip them but won't be able to do it for about a month pr so due to house renovations,I dont do model number scph 50003 as to many of them are going tits up! If you want to wait a month then pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

i mite wait. are u anywhere near dublin? or even in dublin? the ps2 will be a new one. cuz i chipped my ps2 that i got on the release date, and its going crazy cuz its a v3 and ait has a messiah 1 in it. so can u install a messiah 2 in the new one? no idea which version is.
    also i'm trying to sell my v3 messiah ps2 for about €120, cuz it kinda leaves a scratch mark in the middle of some dvds, but everything still works in it no prob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Unfortunitly for me, my ps2 is scph 50003 model.

Have sony made these too hard to mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

apparently nothing is unmoddable!!! just get it done in the rite place i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

there is an issue with the v9/10s, once chipped the BA Chip(which controls lazer etc) seriously overheats reading dvdrs, some sony models dont even come with heatsink pads in the new v9/10s and even the most experienced chippers across the water are having unxexplainable failures, it seems to apply to all makes of chips also which leads to belief in faulty ps2s being shipped out or some other anti mod measure...this has not been solved yet and until it is I won't be doing them..i give a three month guarantee with all mod installations and haven't had a failure yet and that is why i wont be doing these new versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Yup,
    There is a bad batch of model 50003 floating around. I have modded around 10 so far and come across 2 faulty ones. (its actually the LA chips that seem to be week in the v9/V10 thelad) Bear in mind though that these were new out of the box and both blew after a few hours. I dont think the modchip makes the PS2 fail, it does seem to be just plain bad quality sony parts/build. Only Version 50003 are affected though,

I make sure that any 50003 PS2s that I mod have been run in for a couple of weeks in order to show up the fault if it is likely to happen.

I was talking to a guy in a branch of gamestop and they have had a good few Failed PS2 returns after christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

i have the 50003 version with the slide card and it works a treat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 alcho0

There was an issue with the first batch of messiah2 chips fitted to v9 ps'2 with model no.5003 the messiah had firmware 1.31 but this has since been upgraded to a new 1.33 firmware i've modded 30+ v9 ps2's and inm the last week have done 2 v10 ps2's with the new matrix mxl2 chip and havn't got one back yet ....but ill keep my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement