Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to games in England

• 09-01-2004 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I've not been at a game in England since I was 17 (unfortunetly) and I was wondering if anyone here goes to games a few times a season over there?
    Old Trafford, Anfailed, Highbury, Elland Rd, whereever it is.
    I'm asking this because on a couple of other football-related forums which I've read or posted on it seems like the locals at Liverpool, United, Arsenal etc. don't really
    appreciate us visiting their ground. Now infairness most of these idiots are the braindead faction of English support but there seems to be more than I thought.
    I don't know whether I'm aloud to post another forum's address, if I am let me know and I'll post it to show what I mean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I was at Highbury on st stevens day. Had no problems. People were helpfull. What website is it BTW.... I dunno if you can post links either.....pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

getting the tickets is the hard part , i've never had anyone say anything to me at a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I go to leeds about once a month. I'm off tomorrow and the week after next. I've got a season ticket so its in my interest to go as much as possible :)

Ryanair usually do good prices to get over and back. I try to get over and back the same day but for the big games it can be tricky to get a flight at the right time.

As regards hosility i haven't seen any. Leeds in particular is quite friendly. That's in the stadium and out. Most fans appreciate others supporting them, makes sense.

I'd recommend getting over to London and picking up some tickets. Flights are cheap if booked well enough in advance and there's plenty of great football to watch in the capital at the moment. Which is more than I can say for Leeds.............. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

the best thing to do is join your teams most renowned irish supporters club. if your looking to go independently you will more than likely have to settle for a rip-off package deal through some agency. i'm in the united supporters club, day trip to see united v rangers was 90euro. weekend trip, two nights versus man city 200 euro. they're not bad prices in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭SuperStudent

The english one is a United one - Red Issue
    http://195.8.171.32/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4

The Irish one, if you can call it that is
    www.dangerhere.com

I don't think they would give you hassle over there. But from the comfort of
    the internet, they claim they would.

*Above isn't a BNP anti-Irish site, so don't expect it to be all bad, but there are references to us a smelly paddys and such.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Originally posted by SuperStudent
    I've not been at a game in England since I was 17 (unfortunetly) and I was wondering if anyone here goes to games a few times a season over there?
    Old Trafford, Anfailed, Highbury, Elland Rd, whereever it is.
    I'm asking this because on a couple of other football-related forums which I've read or posted on it seems like the locals at Liverpool, United, Arsenal etc. don't really
    appreciate us visiting their ground.

Can you blame them?
    Local fans cant get tickets because of some bunch of clowns who jumped on the Premiership bandwagon after Sky made football "sexy" paying over the odds for packages!
    And you wonder why theres hostility
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm a Norwich supporter and it's impossible to get tickets. We sold 18,700 season tickets which leaves roughly 5000 for members, away supporters and general public. People over there love supporters who travel distances to get to the games, we all meet up and go out. I've been to a couple of East Anglian derbies against Ipsh1t and never saw any trouble. Also been to lots of other grounds and again, no trouble at all, from St James', Anfield, St Andrews, Goodison Park, Villa Park and Loftus Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Flammableboy

Im a spurs fan who goes to a few games as I live nearby. You wouldnt get any trouble if you went to the Lane. In fact we would appreciate your support and money. If anyone wants some spurs tickets, theres loads for nearly every game!!.

Come on, wouldnt you pay 40 quid for sitting at the sideline and being flattened by a charging Clinton morrison. I would.....

Please help Spurs Today.....

Advertisement