Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE RAPTURE 'Live' At The Village, Feb 10th '04

Options
  • 09-01-2004 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

THE RAPTURE
    'Live' At The Village, Dublin- First Irish Headline Show!
    February 10th '04.

"The Name Of The Game Is Rapture. The Object Is A Life Without Fear. The Album Is About Love, Hope, And The Endless Nature Of Possibility.
    But Forget Art For A Minute, Let's Dance'.

Having released one of the albums of 2003 with 'Echoes' and following an incredible performance at Witnness 2003, New York's most wanted, THE RAPTURE have just announced their first Irish headline show for The Village in Dublin on February 10th.

Tickets: €16 (inc. booking fee) go on sale tomorrow, Saturday January 10th from Road Records, Soundcellar, Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide.
    For telephone bookings, call the 24 Hour Ticketmaster credit card line on 0818 719 300.

Over 18s. ID required. Doors: 8.00pm. Special Guests to be announced.

This hugely-anticipated Irish date coincides with the release of the new single, 'Love Is All', from their critically-acclaimed, 'Echoes' debut long-player.

Released on February 7th, 'Love Is All' was recently re-recorded in New York with veteran producer, Steve Lillywhite (U2, Talking Heads, Morrissey).
    It's a double-A Side single also featuring the original album track, 'I Need Your Love'. 'I Need Your Love' has also been remixed by Ewan Pearson.

The video for 'Love Is All' was directed by Patrick Daughters - the man behind the stunning promo for the Yeah Yeah Yeah's 'Maps'.

It features footage of the band's recent three-night residency at New York's legendary Bowery Room. A one-hour documentary directed by Daughters and based on the Bowery Room shows is also set to be unveiled this year.

In advance of their Irish appearance they head out on the NME Awards Tour later this month with Franz Ferdinand, Funeral For A Friend, and The Von Bondies
    - three other acts also set for big things this year.

The Rapture are:
    Luke Jenner (vocals, guitar)
    Mattie Safer (vocals, bass & keyboards)
    Vito Roccoforte (drums)
    Gabe Andruzzi (sax, keyboards, percussion)

'Echoes' is: 'Olio', 'Heaven', 'Open Up Your Heart', 'I Need Your Love', 'The Coming Of Spring', 'House Of Jealous Lovers', 'Killing', 'Sister Saviour', 'Love Is All', 'Infatuation'.

"It's rare that a record so supremely fashionable should have so much substance up its torn sleeve. And that is Echoes' ultimate triumph: to have set the scene in 2003, but to have set it with music that overflows with feeling" - The Observer.

"The Rapture have made one of best albums of 2003. Disco pogo for punks in pumps" - Jockey Slut.

"Echoes not only leaves the competition behind, it's simply too good to ignore" - Sunday Times.

"Of the hundreds of dancepunk albums to flood the underground, none even began to approach this album's crystalline vision. Treble-charged guitars attacked like guard dogs and back alley killers, lunging out with knives drawn and stabbing furiously. Keyboards reflected dirty neon like rainy streets and the Hudson River's toxic glow. Live drums locked with preprogrammed electronic ones in sweaty, hedonistic neo-disco trances that instantly filled floors like Paradise Garage in its prime -- although unlike so many of Larry Levan's Stephanie Mills and Crown Heights Affair cuts, movement wasn't imperitive; this record was as devestating in the club as in your cubicle" - Pitchfork Media.

'House of Jealous Lovers' - No.3 Song of The Year 2003, Rolling Stone.

'Echoes' - No.2 Album of 2003, NME.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Fantastic - this will be great...shame its in the village tho......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Aren't The Rapture the ones who sound like the Radio 4 but not as good... and the singer has a squeaky voice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

depends on your opinion i suppose....i like radio 4 too, but I prefer The Rapture and yes the singer does have a kinda squeaky voice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Why is live in inverted commas....?

Anyway deadly. Best performance I saw at Witnness last year.:D

Advertisement