Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Policy for Net Cafes Advertisment.

Options
  • 03-03-2000 1:29am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spam is information in the wrong place or wrong format.

I've deleted the WebWorkHouse thread because it had grown to contain no information and was generating heat and not light.

Here's my proposal.

If you run/own a netcafe and you want to alert people to your new gaming night, post message by all means but keep it to these details.

Games:
    Specs (if you feel you want to):
    Competitions/Prizes:

This isnt to happen every weekend, just initially to let people know or on a special occasion.

Slagging other netcafes, insensitivity and crossboard posting to irrelevant boards will not only get it deleted but you will get put on the **** list. EVERY post from you from then on will be deleted as will your accounts. Dont make us spank you.

There is NO reason why we cant all get along if we just play nice smile.gif

I understand the WebWorkHouse is running a lan soon which is why they were explaining their change of computer availability. It just came at a poor time.

If WebWorkHouse want to submit their info again following the rules above, I'd appreciate it and good luck to them.

If you want to buy advertising on the boards its available at a reasonable price.

Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

g'wan pe0n powah!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I think thats a rather strange decision to make regarding the wwh's post DeV. I think it was clearly an informative post and is totally Quake related since there holding a LAN soon and ppl need to know stuff like what they need to bring and where exactly it is located. Also out of curiosity, if the thread wasn't related to the forum it was posted in I'm sure the moderators would have pulled it upon seeing it. Seems things are going to be VERY strict on these boards(/me recalls irc.iol.ie's downfall) frown.gif

Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Good point SickBoy

NetCafes or anywhere else that gives us lan access should have an opportunity to post to the various boards and let people know.

What has happened recently tho' is a lot of over posting, needless slagging and bickering with posters hurting themselves more than their intened victims.

We are in a difficult position here, some people are saying dont let these people post, other suggest let them post but make em pay or contribute something to the gaming community and others say let them have free reign.

Right now all we can do is go with our gut feeling on each issue and based on posts here and what we are asked/told in irc, and where possible/appropriate let people know why we have done it.

We'll rarely be able to make decisions that keep everyone happy, but if enough ppl say were doing something wrong, well try to change in favour of the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Vex, I totally see your point here but deleting the whole thread sounds overkill. If the wwh posts info on there upcoming LAN event and ppl start replying with silly comments surely the silly comments are what should be removed and not the initial informative post?

Jimmy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

If we had an events board or something where the net cafes can post, along with other people informing us on what cool events are taking place.

Just an idea

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I agree entirely SickBoy.

I deleted the entire thread because it had descending into a slagging match which was turning nasty.

I asked WWH to repost their info in the new format because it would make it clearer and remove what I saw as the miscommunication in their initial post.

There is no big brother here, but there is a host who is trying to keep the guests from stabbing each other and the dinner from turning into a food fight... smile.gif

The WWH info was on topic, timely and relevant, but to censor one side of the argument would have been wrong, better to delete the argument and ask for it to be reposted.

We need a little order or we edge towards chaos. :/

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Noone would read it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

she will be mine
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh yes, she will be mine

buffy!
    unnngh yes!

soz completely unrelated i know
    but i lov her hehe

This is Commander in chief of the USS Esses, signing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i dunno really whats been going on fully, but just to add, Webworkhouse is really the only place where you can have a quake LAN in Cork, so they have no reason to spam - nobody to compete against and stuff. just for the dublin people who might still think otherwise, they were not advertising - just helping Cork people out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement