Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disclaimer in Outlook Express

Options
  • 09-01-2004 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Is there a limit on the number of characters/words you can have in a signature in outlook express?

i.e.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the above addressee. If you are anyone ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

;)

thx, just that when a client was copying a sig over, they noticed on Outlook express the full disclaimer isn’t copying in, its only showing 2/3 of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by theciscokid
    ;)

thx, just that when a client was copying a sig over, they noticed on Outlook express the full disclaimer isn’t copying in, its only showing 2/3 of it!

Sorry, I could be wrong so (haven't got a copy of OE on this machine). IIRC, there's an option to import the sig from file, but I could also be wrong about that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

it is the longest sig i ever seen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I find the best solution to this tricky little problem is to find the person that recommended the sig and have them taken outside and shot. Replace them with a person that isn't mildly retarded, and voila, issue corrected!

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

There is no length restriction.

The sig is apended to the end of very newly generated mail (or reply if this option is selected) and sent.

The sig itself is stored in a text file.

Advertisement