Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

europeonline satellite broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Cheap and fast, BUT you have to upload on your phone only download available from satellite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

There was a guy in the For Sale board selling the dish and other equipment for this a few months ago for about 200 or so I think. He said it worked well but as he had the DSL option available he was doing to switch to it. Check out his post and pm him for the lowdown or better see who won the auction and PM him to see if he has it installed and what his opinion is . I would also like to know his feedback.

I am looking at this option for my nephews cos they live in Tipp where their Eircom line never connects faster than 30bps and redials every 2 minutes or so. It driving them all mad but Eircom of course will not do anything. This might work for them but as Pataman said since the upload is done via pots then they would still be cursing at the phoneline every 2 mins or so and racking up the call charges.

I told them to get an ISDN line in from Eircom if its possible and then get the EOL satelite BB and the better quality ISDN line (hopefully) should let the upstream work smoothly.

At present Eircom are taking their sweet time about responding to the ISDN request so we will see in the next few weeks.

Basically if your phone line quality is very bad this BB method won't help so much. Some advantages are that your emails will be delivered without dialling up and once you start a d/l it will continue even after hanging up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

looks good but does it work 100euro a year sounds good

Advertisement