Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damned Microsoft!!! I mean, heelp

Options
  • 27-02-2000 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

I can't get this damned microsoft intellimouse's wheel to work in any of my damn games. No weapon change in quake 3 is quite annoying smile.gif. Can anyone help my extremely ticked off self. Ah g'wan cool.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Does the wheel work in windows?
    If not check your device manager.
    If so, then **** about with the console commands, must be in there somewhere... cl_crappyM$mouse_enable 1 or something smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Yeah, it works in windows, but NONE of my decent games will even think about it. Bah i say, bah cool.gif

Hmm, just played the q3a demo and it seems to work, only for a short period of time though. Most of the time it only works long enough for me to setup controls. Once I enter the game, it's bye-bye wheel. The button under it works all the time though. Ah well, I guess it just doesn't like me filling my head with that violent nonsense cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Steven (edited 28-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

Try adding the q3a exe to the Intellipoint excluded list. Might help.

Nope, tnx anyway tho. Anyone else have any pearls of wisdom cool.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I had the same problem, if you download the latest version of the driver that should sort you out

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I had the same problem - I downloaded the latest version of the driver - I still have the same problem.

What's worse is I can only use 3 buttons in tfc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SHCUMBUM

in yer system settings
    instead of using the windows intellimouse drivers (if yers is a ps2 ) try just selecting the ps2 compatible port mouse !
    the wheel should work fine !
    It may not be the best way to have it but "if she works,she works"
    try it anyway

[This message has been edited by SHCUMBUM (edited 28-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SHCUMBUM

I used to have use the intellmouse drivers to get my genius netmouse wheel to work fer christ sake !! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Happens with Intellipoint 3 (New Intelli-eye mice have it, maybe the others too). And the original Direct-x 7, direct input.
    Download DirectX 7a and it should work fine in Q3 ....
    Still can't get it to work in UT though with Direct Imput enabled. I think there is an Intellipoint update but I haven't checked.

Blitz , if you have an IntelliEye (If that's what you mean by only having 3 buttons,as opposed to it's 5) you can use them indirectly.
    Go into the Button setup screen in CTRL-Panel/mouse, set the side buttons to something handy (I use CTRL and Shift). Then go back to TFC and set the controls as normal - pressing the side buttons will show up as whatever keys you just aliased, and it'll work fine.

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 28-02-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Just a cheap attempt to see what ranking i have on my the boards

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

woohoo been here so long the thng cant remember

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

cheers Creed

Amazingly, after trying all those suggestions, the wheel started working today for no reason. Heh, go figure cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

same happened to me - i was told to delete all mouse lines from the cfg, but i didn't bother, and it just worked

Advertisement