Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs. Aston Villa

• 09-01-2004 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Well how will this one go?

After the win at Chelsea GH really needs to follow it up with a win here. It won't be easy though as Villa are on a good run at the moment.

As far as the team goes, Owen is a confirmed starter, Smicer twisted his ankle this morning in training so he is a no go. The real question is who to start in goal. Will GH risk sending out Paul Jones after only one training session with the team or will he give Luzi a run out? I reckon he will go with Jones. He's an experienced stopper so he shouldn't have much trouble patrolling his defence.

My team:

_____________Jones_____________

Otsemober__Hyypia__Biscan__Risse

___________Hamann_____________
    Diouf_______Cheryou________Kewell

________Heskey___Owen_________

Subs:
    Luzi
    Henchoz
    Le Tallac
    Murphy
    Pongolle

GH's probable team:

_____________Jones_____________

Henchoz__Hyypia__Biscan__Traore

___________Hamann_____________
    Diouf_______Murphy________Kewell

________Heskey___Owen_________

Subs:
    Luzi
    Risse
    Le Tallac
    Cheryou
    Pongolle

I'm gona go for a 2-1 home win (hopefully:()

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Murphy deserves a place more than Cheyrou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Why in the name of god is he putting Henchoz on the right, himself and Hyypia were class in the center but he SH has not got the pace for the right side. Otsemobor is fast and lends some attacking options too.

I don't like Diouf either, think he is a waster. If he ever learned to play it quickly instead of turning and turning into trouble then maybe he would go up in my estimation.

_____________ Luzi _______________
    Otsemobor _ Henchoz _ Hyypia _ Traore
    ___________ Hammann ____________
    Murphy ______ Le Tallec ______ Kewell
    ________ Owen _ Heskey __________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I think Diouf has a lot to learn too. But he is effective at times. I like the idea of Le Tallac playing but I also want to see what Cheryou has to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't get to see Liverpool much but what has Risse al done to deserve a place on the bench?

He's been inconsistant of late. Brilliant attacking player but has been found out defensively lately. I'll always include him over Traore anyway until Vignal comes back. Then we migth have a bit of competition on our hands :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wont even try to guess the formation beyond Owen and Heskey, will 'Pool suffer a hangover after the Bridge? I fear so...:(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

we will wipe the floor with pool. they will be too complacent after their win at stanford bridge. we`re full of confidence after our 13/15 point run we are strong where liverpool are week, our midfield is combatant and well organised. gareth barry will make harry kewell look like kevin kilbane.

Sorensen

----Delaney
    Mellberg
    Johnson
    Samuel---

----Hendrie
    Mccann
    Whittingham
    Barry

Vassel
    Angel

subs:
    Crouch
    Moore
    Hitzlesperger
    De la cruz
    Ridgwell
    Postma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Murphy deserves a place more than Cheyrou.
    Ye must be joking, Murphy has been rubbish all season. In the Chelsea game he was terrible. (As was Harry Kewell btw). His first touch and passing were a disgrace.
    Murphy is nowhere near consistent enough to be playing week-in-week-out for a top team like Liverpool.

Here come the jibes ! ;)

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    we will wipe the floor with pool. gareth barry will make harry kewell look like kevin kilbane.

*cough* :ninja:

Pride before a fall etc.....!

Mike.

Well the team has been named. Pretty much as I posted above except Risse is back in for Traore. Henchoz continues at right back and that sod Murphy still in midifeld :(

• Advertisement

This from bbc
    Tory leader 'wants Houllier axed'

Conservative leader Michael Howard has reportedly suggested Liverpool FC should axe Gerard Houllier and replace him with Celtic boss Martin O'Neill.

Mr Howard, a keen Liverpool fan, was overheard saying: "We need O'Neill, but the end of the season is not soon enough. We need him now."

A Tory spokesman confirmed he had discussed the issue with fellow fans.

"He is passionate in his support and like any football fan he will discuss the fortunes of his team," he said.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Honours even boys 1-1. I have B'gham to beat Soton in my Pools for charity. I've already lost one lifeline in 11 games I had Boro to beat Charlton at Riverside and Charlton won 0-1.
    Can't afford to lose another lifeline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Someone please shoot Delaney!!!!

Og wanker, I knew We'd **** it up well couldn't keep the run going forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Originally posted by irish1

Stupid son of a bíznitch! He'll be getting my shít in the mail for a while! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Originally posted by irish1

The game of football is 90 mins not 45. :)

Agh! :mad:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by jonno
    I'll always include him over Traore anyway until Vignal comes back. Then we migth have a bit of competition on our hands :)

Vignal has gone to Espanyol until the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

anyone see Owens miss - a classic - 1 yard I reckon -maybe 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

anyone see Owens miss - a classic - 1 yard I reckon -maybe 2

Bad Miss Ok, he is obviously not at his sharpest having just returned from injury.

God that Diouf! One min he looks like a decent footballers the next he playing like there's not another red shirt he can pass to. Houllier or someone really should teach him how to look...

Mike.

• Advertisement

I agree Mike, he looked deserate from what it showed in the highlights. The sooner he is shipped off to the African Nations Cup the better. I thought he was making right midfield his own at that start of the season but he seems to be going backwards now. Then again when he's away we'll probably have Murphy trying to fill the role :( If only Ritchie Partridge was fit maybe GH would give him a try cos after all Diouf is a striker. But GH obviously has his mind set on Diouf in that position with the imminent summer signing of another striker (Cisse) so we will probably never get to see Diouf's true potential :(

As for Owen's miss :) Obviously just a bit of rustiness getting back into it.

Commanding performance from Hamann except for the one mistake I saw, and once again Heskey did really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Another 3 points in the bag!

Advertisement