Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diouf's red card rescinded.

• 09-01-2004 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Story Here

Well it was only fair because it wasn't a sending off in the first place.

But I would like to see Diouf's discipline improve alot. He has already been suspended already this season for so many bookings.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

its justice although i dont think he would be really missed from the team to be honest, is senegal playing in african nations cup?will he be going for that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Yeah Senagal are in it so I presume himself and Diao will be off with them. I hope Diao gets lost out there and never returns and I hope GH will start playing Diouf up front (he's unstoppable up front in CM4 :))or else teach him to pass the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

good to see the ref realise his mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Stupid sending off in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think the commentator (not Andy Gray) said that Diouf isn't going to the African Cup of Nations and Geremi isn't going either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I still can't understand how the linesman was able to say it was deliberate. It was a stupid decision and it's good news that the ref changed his mind.

It begs the question though . . what if Chelsea had scored after the sending off due to the advantage of having an extra player ?

That particular Linesman got a couple of offside decision wrong as well ! Maybe he shoulda gone to specsavers :cool:

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Makaveli
    I think the commentator (not Andy Gray) said that Diouf isn't going to the African Cup of Nations and Geremi isn't going either.

no martin tyler said diouf and geremi were going to the african cup of nations.

that linesman should be shot. Mutu was supposedly offside for about 5 times from that linesman and all the decisions were wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Good to see the referee had the balls to change his decision.

Diouf and Diao will be going off to play for Senegal alright. A couple of weeks ago Houllier came out and said he wouldn't release Diouf for the African Nations Cup until after the Villa game had been played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by Shred
    Good to see the referee had the balls to change his decision.

I don't think it was a question of balls. He was obviously in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Yet another booking today. When will he stop???? :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement