Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone knocking out IOL BB

• 09-01-2004 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Bought a new phone recently to replace the one that shares the phone socket with my IOL BB modem (the Zxysel 630 that IOL supply). The old phone had been fine, the new phone is an Eircom 5010 digital cordless job. When I plugged it in to the microfilter/splitter, I couldn't access the internet. Unplugged the phone, tried again, and I got in straight away. Rebooted the PC while the phone was unplugged and when it was finished rebooting, plugged the phone in again. Straightaway I got an error message the jist of which was that the DSL had been lost.
    Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else uses one of these phones in their microfilter/splitter and if so, have you seen this problem? Does anyone know if this phone is incompatible with this arrangement? Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I have the same problem. Just got my account activated today and tried the filter for the first time. We have the same phone. Haven't found a solution yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Netsource supplied a splitter and two filters - using both filters in series should help - also try a longer cable so phone further away from modem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 robroy

I'm using the previous model, the 4012 model. It works quite fine, or did for several months ( See my current problems under IOLBB Login Probs but I don't think the 4012 is the problem but I'll think about it)
    It did not matter where the phone was connected. I originally had it off the double filter but now have it connected through my monitored alarm, where it should be. The two boxes , Zyxel and the Phone transmitter were touching but no problems on that setup.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It can happen from time to time where certain phones can cause issues with DSL lines, not much you can do about it really afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

What about sky digital, I was told that this can interfere also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Pataman

I have sky digital and dsl, doesn't affect me at all. I have it going through a filter .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Pataman

Sky and *most* phones are OK as long as they all go through a DSL filter
    :)

Advertisement