Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non specific DSL in Cork

• 09-01-2004 7:35pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with their phone lines in Cork?, more specifically Ballincollig.

I'm having problems where my dsl cuts out, and my landline makes a normal dial tone, but you get a busy signal to any number, and dsl syncs, but won't connect or complete a loopback test.

It just happened to me like 45mins ago, just came back this second. But now I'm on 56k because my dsl won't connect and loopback test still fails even though I have a green light.

I know it's not just me as my mate without dsl had the same problem, he lives like 10 houses from me. Anyone know what's going on, and I'm going to be demanding a rebate on the amount spent on 56k.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

fight club sigs are horribly lame kevin

also my dsl is having no problems ;D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

OK FINE ILL CHANGE IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Phew ... I thought my modem/router was on the way out ... had this problem this evening ... I thought I'd fecked up my router fiddling trying to get wake on lan going on my server (doing my head in, the router can see connected computers EXCEPT the one with the wake on lan cable connected ) ..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Zer0^

my landline makes a normal dial tone, but you get a busy signal to any number

-Mr.Taz

i got that problem - id reconnect like 50times and i get throught after a while
    im living up in mayfield area

gettting dsl on monday ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

woohoo ...got wake on lan working :D ... got some nice freeware (http://www.michna.com/kb/WxWakeOnLAN.htm) to send the magic packet and it works a treat, remote power up and power down as well :eek: .... I'm going for a pint now after that :cool:

(Dont know why the router couldnt see the MAC of the network card ... just started seeing it after rebooting the pc a few times ...:confused:)

Server is heading for the attic :p ...twould be nice if I could find a cheap 802.11a wake on wireless pci card, otherwise there'll be some holes made...

• Advertisement
Advertisement