Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zalman CNPS6500B-CU P4 Socket 478

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

the 80mm are not necessarily quieter though thats my point look at my enermax

the 92mm pushes 64cfm at 34db at top speed, the 80mm fan does 39.8cfm at 38db

you can have the best of both worlds, i suppose it depends on the manufacturer though and there are examples of both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

30db thats not quiet that LOUD! 38db is very loud. A fan has to around 20db before you can consider it quiet. So you're not talking about quiet fans you are talking about loud fans.

As I've said before, and as those reviews have said, when you are talking about QUIET fans then 80mm fans are quieter and push just much air as a 92mm fan. However if you are talking about LOUD fans then you might as well get the biggest one because it will push more air, thats just common sense. But if you are talking abut quiet fans then its not that simple. Fan design, speed, fan housings, heatsink design and airflow all contribute the (lack of) noise output.

You can get a 12db 80mm papst fan. I've yet to see a 92mm fan even close to that.

ah we are on a different wavelength then i'm talking about relative loudness/quietness not about stealth fans around the 20db region

i don't consider 30db very loud though not when tornadoes do 55db. however computer noise doesn't bother me tbh.

SORRY WHAT WAS THAT!!! :D

i know i know, its just i usually have music or a game on and i can't here the 6 or so main fans whirling away so its all good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

To be honest i was the exact same, the case fans didnt bother me at all....... just have music going and you wouldnt notice it. Now that ive been trying to get my computer silent even the fan on the NB & GFX card annoys me and has to go!!

I get far more annoyed (and notice it alot more) hearing the two little fans than when i had my Xaser II with 5 fans on full, a Volcano 7 , NB fan, GFX fan, 2x fans on PSU..........bit strange really!! When you have music or a game running you dont really notice it.

and everytime you silence something you just hear something else, computer only as quieter as the loudest component and all that, suddenly your seagate hdd becomes an issue :). i'm happy enough with the noise and decent cooling. i could probably remove my two antec 80mm exhaust fans for sharkoon or papst stealths and try lowering my enermax but i couldn't be bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    and everytime you silence something you just hear something else, computer only as quieter as the loudest component and all that, suddenly your seagate hdd becomes an issue :)

It seems we're all in the same boat here :D

I'm currently waiting on a new hard disk and my old WD SE 80GB 8MB cache is screaming, so I turned up all the fans to max, incl the Zalman 7000CU just to try and cover up that most annoying HDD pitch ;)

Originally posted by unkel
    It seems we're all in the same boat here :D

I'm currently waiting on a new hard disk and my old WD SE 80GB 8MB cache is screaming, so I turned up all the fans to max, incl the Zalman 7000CU just to try and cover up that most annoying HDD pitch ;)

I had the same drive and sold it aswell. Couldn't stand the high pitched noise. I have a barracuda IV 80gb and V 120gb and they are much better noisewise, the v 120gb especially.

Advertisement