Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

valentines day reunion

Options
  • 09-01-2004 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

greetings. as it happens im an organising something of a popconcert(tiny unassuming gig of sorts) to take place in the infamous voodoo lounge on the great quays of dublins liffey on the 14th of the 2nd month of this the two thousand and forth year of our lord.(i assure the gig will be entirely non-secular) since my band was formed of ctyi, and the majority of people im plugging the gig to have been to ctyi in its recent or latter years, i have decided to make something of a valentines/ctyi event of the whole shenanigan. so anyone from the great cloud in the sky known as the centre for talented youth of ireland please do come to this gig.though it will probably be restricted to those of the dublin area since it starts between 7 and 8pm on valentines night, anyone who may be up from one of the better counties of ireland for the mid term please do feel free to pop by. i promise a night to remember. unless of course no one shows up, in which case there will be no one to remember the night but me, and remembering failure is something we are all quite adept at by this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I find it vaguely amusing that you're posting on a board with average age 15-16 bout going to the pub for a gig :) shows how lax the voodoo lounge are these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

all you need to do to get in anywhere, is to grow a beard, get a smokers cough and you're set. no ID required. and make sure u're about 6'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

the voodoo lounge is somewhat ridiculously lax in security of late. perhaps they're desperate for customers. also, i dont honestly expect many to flock to my banner, i just thought it would be nice to try some shameless plugging from the comfort of my own home for once.

**urgent message of a ridiculous nature**

in the ridiculously short space of time since i started this thread, the valentines day gig has now been moved to the 17th of febuary, because the gods of rock and/or roll do not like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

But they like me!! Thats my birthday!! Therefore, I can legally enter the premises without growing a beard or ensuring i'm six feet tall. Yay!

• Advertisement

in that case, do come and we will give you what is known in the 'business' as a 'shout out' from the stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Need a picture monkey?

no thank you, i have already taken two of the negative-lovers under my wing and will have all angles covered. and naturally i will be taking picture from the stage with one of the soul-stealing devices. do please come anyway, these eventeemoos tend to be a hive of photorealistic delight. i am sure you will find yourself useful.

I'm a digital dabbler (slight understatement, or Bush would say: Misunderstemation)
    If I feel up to it, I'll go. Getting my wisdom teeth taken out at 9.30 the next morning.

i find digital doesn't turn out quite as good an image, but i myself will be employing the talents of my new digital photoerotic apparatus, so please feel free. it will make life easier when i am attempting to put pictures up on my site.

• Advertisement

What? Its all how you take them, lighting etc, plus the resoultion. Negatives are far more forgiving, High end digital photography is far more precise. Plus its easier to "do up" the musicans in PS afterwards.

true enough, but the lighting in this case will consist of flashing stobe and multicoloured whirlers. when i said pictures i meant to say gig pictures. perhaps my camera justs sucks though.

Thats where its helpful to have a photographer who works for a music magazine and a load of bands. non?

which is why i have one

And they still use film? Hum...a die hard. Well I still like film, but its so...um...well bother to be honest. Good show that man/girl for sticking with it.

strange, most photographers i know use film.

Most places prefere you to use digital, unless your doing a front shoot or something and then you wouldn't be using a 35mm SLR anyway. May or maynot be there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

My Dear god.

take it to PM loike.

well the threads not getting much use anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

So is there a reunion on Saturday or over the mid-term or what?

WOO! 300th post!

• Advertisement

they're hasn't been one organised, but ctyiers tend to gravitate towards stevens green on the saturdays during any of the years various mid-terms and holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

...yess....

some nice friends i have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

Yeah Im going anyway. And do is Hilary and Dee. So there'll be at least 3 of us. Yay! Come if u can! Seeing as how Im posting this at half ten at night on february 13th it really is unlikely anyone actually will read it before the reunion. God I want to sleep. Im supposed to be babysitting. Stupid sister, depriving me of somnolance.
    Is that a word??????

Advertisement