Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio problem

Options
  • 09-01-2004 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I've reinstalled win 98 on my PC. I've almost got everything up and running again. Took some time to get the graphics working again but i got Voodoo3 200 drivers i think. Now i need some help with getting my sound working again. The PC doesn't seem to be recognising any audio devices so I can't play music. I don't have a fancy sound card so if anyone could tell me the problem it would be great.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Find out what sound card you have a download the Win98 drivers for it.
    Though, windows should be able to use some generic drivers to get some sound at least.
    Sure give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

if your machine is a self build you should know what sound card you have, or can rip it out and take a look, if it's a prebuild machine take a look on the manufacuters site or google the model of the machine and you might be able to get the drivers on line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Also, by experience, Win98 is the worst OS to have. I'd start with Win2K at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

98 isnt' that bad, better than ME, and win98 quite good in the past and never had any major problems with it. 2k is all well and good if you have a copy and know how to use it. Have noticed some problems with 2k and older computers so I would stick with 98 on the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Sinecure
    Also, by experience, Win98 is the worst OS to have.
    Now there's a man who never used MS-DOS 5.0:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement