Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bypass at last.

Options
  • 09-01-2004 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Well its taken them an absolute age but finally, ta-daaaa! they are starting work on the Outer Ring Road around the south of Waterford.

This from wlr.fm
    Funding of 20 million Euro has been announced for phase two of the Outer Ring Road
    at the sod turning ceremony at the Williamstown roundabout this afternoon.

The minister for the Environment Martin Cullen performed the opening of the second
    stage of the long awaited ring road which will link the Dunmore Road to the Cork
    Road.

The first section of the road was completed in 1997 connecting Waterford Regional Hospital
    to the Williamstown Road.

Phase Two, which will take up to two years to complete, links the Williamstown Road Roundabout
    to the Cork road, intersecting the airport road.

Minister Cullen says the rproject, which first appeared in the 1978 city development plan, is
    overdue but is welcome.
    (statement of bleedin' obvious)

The Mayor of the city Tom Cunningham says he is confident the road will run to
    schedule.

Only a quarter of a century late then!

Mike.

City manager Conn Murray says the outer ring road is an essential part of infrastructure for the city.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

eh looks like waterford finally gets its bypass or ring road or whatever it is. I guarantee everyone in waterford will take a spin on it the day it opens just to see what the second bridge is like!
    So where exactly is the road going? is it going to be like our version of the M50 or is it just a bypass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Threads merged....:)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

:D yey we can all get to dublin faster now :p

Originally posted by kano476
    eh looks like waterford finally gets its bypass or ring road or whatever it is. I guarantee everyone in waterford will take a spin on it the day it opens just to see what the second bridge is like!
    So where exactly is the road going? is it going to be like our version of the M50 or is it just a bypass?

Wrong road! This is the south ring as my post indicates.
    The by-pass and river crossing has the money and the permission but they are still getting the contracts sorted.
    I belive the start is due later this year...must check nra site.

http://www.nra.ie/PublicPrivatePartnership/ProjectTracker/N25WaterfordBy-Pass/

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

dammit man you stole my thread! or merged it wtf i dunno. But the northern one is a dual carridge way yes? and the southern one is not.
    So hang on when everything is complete wth this road it will go from ardkeen hospital to cork road then up to the n9 junction then to N25 on the new ross side yeah? but from cork road to ardkeen is not a dual carridgeway.

wasnt there talk of some other bridge further down river at maypark that would complete the ring road? saw it in munster express i think.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kano476

wasnt there talk of some other bridge further down river at maypark that would complete the ring road? saw it in munster express i think.

There was but I dont think it'll be a goer anytime soon -
    like before the oil runs out.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

"intersecting the airport road" - would that be the old one or do they finish the new one? ;)

Advertisement