Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old Analogue sky decoder

• 10-01-2004 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

im looking for an old Analogue sky decoder, one of the ones before they started to put cards into them, does anyone know anywhere that sells them or someone with one?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Why one without Videocrpyt decoder? Lidl do occasionally have an analogue receiver and dish offer. Ya should try ebay or local classifieds maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by byte
    Why one without Videocrpyt decoder? Lidl do occasionally have an analogue receiver and dish offer. Ya should try ebay or local classifieds maybe?

not sure what u mean by without videocrypt decoder? i just want one without a card as i dont have a card for it. the make of the one i used to have was cryptovision and it worked without a card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    not sure what u mean by without videocrypt decoder? i just want one without a card as i dont have a card for it. the make of the one i used to have was cryptovision and it worked without a card.

VideoCrypt and Cryptovision are different systems. A VideoCrypt decoder does not work on Cryptovision and vice versa.

Regards...jmcc
    (I know a few things about decoders and systems. ;) )

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You asked for a box before they started putting cards in. So I assumed you wanted a FTA box. Now, I can assume it doesn;t matter if teh box you get has decoder or not. I would stand by my previous post on where to get one. THere may be people throwing out their Lidl ones. I had been offered many many analogue boxes when I was upgrading homes to digital but I only took two out of a possible 20 or so! I'd imagine all these boxes would have ended up in the bins. :dunno:

Originally posted by jmcc
    VideoCrypt and Cryptovision are different systems. A VideoCrypt decoder does not work on Cryptovision and vice versa.

Regards...jmcc
    (I know a few things about decoders and systems. ;) )

it was a cryptovision i had previously so its more than likely a cryptovision i need now yea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    it was a cryptovision i had previously so its more than likely a cryptovision i need now yea?

More than likely. Though if it had premium channels, it may need to be reactivated for them as the decoder id will be different. You would have to contact your cable/mmds provider for that.

Regards...jmcc

Originally posted by jmcc
    More than likely. Though if it had premium channels, it may need to be reactivated for them as the decoder id will be different. You would have to contact your cable/mmds provider for that.

Regards...jmcc

ah i get u. so its specific to each decoder as to what they will "decode" as such. theres no way around this to get certain sports channels is there?

Advertisement