Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake 3 multiplayer error

Options
  • 10-01-2004 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

made server
    friends tried to connect, while in game i get some net pack error ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Could you provide more information, like which version of Quake3 is it(point release), are you running any Mods like OSP?. If thats all alien to you, what way do you set up the server. Also what is your network configuration. Maybe even a screenie of the error(f11 or f12 i think)

If totally stuck jump onto IRC and someone in #quake.ie or #cube.ie will help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thanks man.
    i think it was a windows xp error, updated sp1.

Ok now it worked for a day, NOW its saying connection interrupted to the person connecting !!!!!!

my friend or me, go to ceate server and i connect to him or he connects to me ,
    thats about it, this error comes up in white on the screen and i cant move and it shoes a little pic on bottom left of a phone line being plugged out !

heh ok, if your playing on lan, make sure you have lan settings, its in the menus somewhere "network"

we are not on LAN.
    besides my connection setting was at LAN/DSL
    i`m on broadband, he has 56k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

as asked previously, what's the point release? are you both running the same patched version? are your keys valid? Answers boy, we need Answers!!!

you never asked before.
    We have the latest patch, 1.32 is it.
    his key is valid, not sure of mine. I borrowed my friends quake.

If your key is the same as the friend you want to play against then that may be the problem, also if your key isn't valid anymore then that could be the problem too.

are you on LAN, if so you dont need to worry about keys. I`m betting its something to do with
    A) your q3 network settings
    B) your network settings in general

Are you on LAN?

Originally posted by Placebo
    we are not on LAN.
    besides my connection setting was at LAN/DSL
    i`m on broadband, he has 56k

• Advertisement

we are not on LAN.

and i am not using the same key, this is adiffrent friend, It worked the very first day .

if hes on 56k connecting to your server which has 128k upload, he`ll be pinging around 300. Theres your prob

If you`re gonna play online, i think you need valid keys.

Why not join the irish quake3 server @ games2.iol.ie

You`ll need point release 1.32 and OSP 1.03

Advertisement