Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripping Music Frpm PS2 Games

Options
  • 10-01-2004 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

1 game specifically actually. I have MSG:Substance on ps2 and i want to rip the snake boarding punk song MGS theme. Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've no idea if this is possible to do digitally by putting the MGS2 disc into your pc's dvd drive and using some kind of software to extract the audio, but you could go down the analogue route and connect the PS2's audio outputs to your soundcard's line in and using some kind of audio software like goldwave or whatever to record the line in source.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Aye, that should work

But search for it first, chances are someone already did it and uploaded the songs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

http://www.neillcorlett.com/psf/

Have a look there.
    You'll need to rip the music to .psf2 they can be played in winamp with the right plugin.
    If you then want them into .wav use the winamp diskwriter plugin then simply encode to .mp3.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

ripping psf without any knowledge of r3000 assembly is damn on impossible. there are many games out there that hav alrady been ripped though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I cant figure it out and i cant find the bloody thing anywhere online. If anyone has it already and wants to email it to me ill be eternally grateful :D

• Advertisement

is bumping allowed?

I GOT IT!!!!!!!

sorry ww)

Advertisement