Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article] Racist war of the loyalist street gangs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

****.jpg
    Anyone agree with me- it's neither you pricks!
    Not far from the red, white and blue paving stones, the Ku Klux Klan graffiti and the "Chinks out" notices scratched outside south Belfast Chinese takeaways, Hua Long Lin was at home watching television when a man burst in and smashed a brick into his face.

Funny, I've been saying this for years- the only way to really heal the sectarian divide in the north is the introduction of an outside ethnic or religious group.
    This seems to be happening. I've read countless articles on this, from links to Loyalist gangs and supporters to groups like Combat 18 and other British and European based groups, and both seem to go hand in hand these days and recruitment both on Britain and the North seems to be on the up and up.
    Whilst here in the Republic, we've had our momments of racist attacks (particularly in poor urban areas) it's nothing like the scale which is mentioned here.

What I find hard to believe, however, is this- is it just the Loyalist side? Whilst I find it highly unlikely that Republican hardliners would ever ally themselves with such groups, or such groups would, indeed, welcome them- I sincerly doubt that they're welcoming these new ethnic minorities with open arms.

Now, in terms of Northern politics, I can safely call myseld a Nationalist, and I'm ten times more likely to take the side of the IRA vs the UVF, or Satan himself over the queen but in the case of hardline Republicanism, with the "Ireland for the Irish" ethos employed, I can hardly assume they care any more for <insert rolecall of ethnic slurs here> than they do for prods.

Now it's insane to assume they'd help them, but, does anyone know of any stories of simular acts perpetrated by Republicans? Or is it all just skinhead orange types?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    What I find hard to believe, however, is this- is it just the Loyalist side? Whilst I find it highly unlikely that Republican hardliners would ever ally themselves with such groups, or such groups would, indeed, welcome them- I sincerly doubt that they're welcoming these new ethnic minorities with open arms.

Now, in terms of Northern politics, I can safely call myseld a Nationalist, and I'm ten times more likely to take the side of the IRA vs the UVF, or Satan himself over the queen but in the case of hardline Republicanism, with the "Ireland for the Irish" ethos employed, I can hardly assume they care any more for <insert rolecall of ethnic slurs here> than they do for prods.

Now it's insane to assume they'd help them, but, does anyone know of any stories of simular acts perpetrated by Republicans? Or is it all just skinhead orange types?
    Sinn Féin doctrine is anti-British Army, not anti-British people - some nice tailoring by them to be on both sides of the fence. That is not to say republicans are nice to everyone, who isn't in the British Army or the UDA.

Advertisement