Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webworkhouse INFO (NON ADVERTISEMENT!)

Options
  • 03-03-2000 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Who on earth is this fu<kwit?? He reposts his crap about his Netcafe and calls the moderator Hitler at the same time - generally acting the immature turd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 delly_monster

the moderator said it was ok to repost my "crap". But thanks for your concern anyway

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What it means is that you posted just after Netscafe and Nethouse had had a big hissy fit at each other (primarily from Netscafe's end). Netscafe also spammed most boards we have.

Hence junkie and co's frustration at more cybercafes advertising. You didnt help with your hair trigger temper.

I have put down a structure that allows you to advertise events of interest to Quake players without getting personal or abusive to other Cafes.

On a personal note, I expect you to edit your post and from now on tone it down a notch or two from the personal abuse point of view. I expect *everyone* to be polite on these boards, it costs nothing.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Dear Delly

I really think you have gotten the wrong end of the stick and being insulting to the moderators wont really help your case at all youre reply has gotten up the noses of some ppl already.

Anyhow, 9 posts below this is a post from BugBlaster announcing the same lan as far as i can see. What was wrong with you posting the details again as requested,and without the following in your face comments?:

What a load of b0l0cks
    (hope thats brief enough for Big Brother!)
    WHAT THE **** DOES THIS MEAN deVore
    "came at a poor time". eh? when did you want me to post it ?!?! After the LAN? Would that be a good time ???????? Also, a poor time for whom? the moaning to55ers Junkie and co. with nothing better to do than slag other people trying to set up a GOD DAMNED LAN PARTY ??????

This sort of stuff is very insulting and its pretty hard to reply in a civilised manner to this sort of verbal attack.

If you have a probelm in future i suggest:

a) dont take it personally
    b) dont make it personal
    c) reply to the moderator directly asking why or making your case

option (c) assuming you are not offensive will probably get you further than any other method short of a brown paper bag full of used 20s.

Try it ... remember this is a community board, especially the quake boards, most ppl posting here know each other persoanlly, so if you have a go at one of them you are having a go at lots of their friends as well.

[This message has been edited by Vexorg (edited 03-03-2000).]

Im sorry if i offended you with my bad language (which doesnt show up anyway) and by calling you Big Brother but hey thats what you are. You watch, you dont like you delete, and Im not saying you cant do that, of course you can its your forum, but the internet is about free speech and not about deleting what doesnt appeal to you.

Thats why I got ****ed of with junkie and co because they are campaigning for people to be silenced, and their posts took up much more space than my own single info post.

Im sorry if I offended anyone other than those guys who started attacking us..

And dont be so righteous about language Jesus Christ we all swear to make a point even on the Internet, even your moderators name is MindPHUCK should he be banned for using bad language, somehow that wont happen...

Oh yeah about knowing each other, I know about 10 or so on this forum, and im setting this up for these guys, it doesnt make any money for my cybercafe, we would make more money from people using the internet, so all the attitudes coming from some people "they are greedy capitalists trying to use are board to make money" are just plain ignorant! Im doing this cause im a LAN fan not because Im trying to get free advertising.

Thats the crux of the matter I think..

EEK

Who said anything about bad language?, you definately got the wrong end of the stick there! it was the personal attack that was the point I was making. Its unfortunate that it was your posting that was removed but again it was not just as a result of Junkies or anyone elses post here.

In fact you were invited to repost in a particular format.

The reason for the deletion was made clear, and was done without being asked to give a reason, i dont know what more we can say on the topic.

Why cant you let it go?

Anybody who is involved in business knows full well that the odd lan event doesnt exactly allow us all to purchase the elusive porsche boxter, that money grabbing capitalist skum referenes generally come from the school kids whos mummies and daddies pay for their shiny new compters and pay the phone bill for em, they have no idea how much work, personal effort and persoanl finance it takes to get any business off the ground. I for one think the there are a few ppl in Ireland who are helping get gaming opened up to a larger audience.

Just ignore the begruders and get on with what you enjoy doing and if it helps your business great and if you make more money out of it ever better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

LAN fan? £20 and £2 for extra hour? are you taking the ****? you're advertising plain and simple. I've never paid over £6 (trinLAN) for any LAN I went to and no-one asked me for more money if I played 'over my time limit'. Stop being so anal and self-righteous. Are you trying to 'cover your expenses' so you can have a 'fun lan'? THEN WHY THE EXTRA £2!?!? is that for the electricity used? You're out to make some money then? And maybe have a good time doing it? Playing your UT... arsing around... packing wads of money into your fat mouth!

[This message has been edited by Vorosha (edited 03-03-2000).]

Vorosha

The man was specifically asked to tell you (well not you personally) these details. The reason why he is agitated is he feels his freedom of speech and expression is being messed with by the boards moderators.

In addition i think you are yanking his chain to get a reaction, that is just plain bold.

I wonder if all this pent up agression is as a result of the servers being down. I know Devore and Slosh actually went into eircom to try and get the server issue resolved,

When they are back, im sure slapping a few rox in each others heads/backs/butts will see the boards go back to the old less flamed selves.

That sort of comment is why the board is having these stupid problems Vorosha.

Im not goin to react to that because you have to be kidding or just trying to rise the argument AGAIN!

The fact is a whole day 10hr on a computer for £20 is not much even for Vorosha.

I am then charging after that to let other people (not just Lanners) use the computers. ok.

You can carry on for the whole night for £8, which sounds reasonable to me?

seperate to that post I have a suggestion for the board improvement based on Vorosha's comments.

What about a yellow card system like football, but where different comments get different points or colours. Ok for example if Vorosha makes 2 more comment like his previous one , i.e trying to ruin a thread comment, his IP is banned from the forum?

For a more serious comment you could have two chances.

The cards could be displayed next to their name for added humiliation biggrin.gif (joke)

This would be a good deterent. This is also better because noone is gonna get kicked out for one comment, whereas if they were persistently trying to start arguments they would?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yeah, cracking idea, i vote for Vorosha to be sent off immediately smile.gif and Whitewashman too, you want to see the amount of crap that lad posts.

Oh and yellow cards for $hiteing on and on in a thread to prove your point, repeating yourself endlessly and acting the prat. So that's one for delly_monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I just think the whole deal was all over a silly misunderstanding, followed by even sillier temper flaring. *Someone* mistook Dellys post to be put up just for free ads and not info (it WAS info really) and , well basically lost his/her temper and slandered him. In reply Delly lost his temper, understandably but inexcusably.

Basically people should understand what a topis is about before speaking for/against it, and doing so in a polite manner as Dev says.

This particular one is cleared up, thanks for the indo delly, now just let the tempers die.

Make love not war smile.gif
    or games!

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 03-03-2000).]

• Advertisement

What a load of b0l0cks frown.gif

ok what ever turns you on moderators.

DATE : Sat. 18th March 2000 AD

GAMES : SIN, QUAKE3, UT, GTA2, AVP, FIFA99, RALLY2000, HALF LIFE, KINGPIN, TIBERIUN SUN, GP500, SUPERBIKE, FAprem stars, Flight Sim 2000, SEGA Rally2 , Jedi Knight, GTA, (&LONDON),Urban Chaos , StarCraft, G2 Racing and Descent 3. Oh and Quake1 back by popular demand..

SPECS : 5xP600 & 12xP500 (VOODOO 3000/128MB/SBLIVE!/19".22dp MONITORS)

PRIZES : £10 or Half Price for anyone who can beat me in UT on level/game of my choosing. (Best of 3)

PRICE : £20 for 10 hours. 10am-8pm. Longer if you want for £2hr, i.e 10am-12am (14hr) = £28

EXTRA INFO : I will have 5 more computers for the LAN which means there are 17 places available. This also means noone can bring their own computer. Sorry. (hope thats brief enough for Big Brother!)

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN deVore
    "I understand the WebWorkHouse is running a lan soon which is why they were explaining their change of computer availability. It just came at a poor time."

"came at a poor time". eh? when did you want me to post it? After the LAN? Also, a poor time for whom? the moaning "people" Junkie and co. with nothing better to do than slag other people trying to set up a GOD DAMNED LAN PARTY ??????

[This message has been edited by delly_monster (edited 03-03-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Sometimes, with all the egos and hissy fits, these boards are more entertaining than any soap.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 04-03-2000).]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Doh, I was hoping noone would spot that one, its been a source of amusement around the office since we started this company smile.gif

Itchy and Scratchy maybe smile.gif

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

ummmm can you say lame-ass troll VOR???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

and the mole hill becomes a mountain. just like old times eh.

Things don't change, I dunno how Tom and Gerry put with all this.

haha! Tom and Gerry!!! D'ya get it!

aren't cartoons great.
    (no insults intended)

o.k. sorry so...

maybe a sin-bin idea would be more appropraite where all the lame ass trolls can go together...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

where is it?
    can i be there too?
    can we have fizzy soda-pop and cookies?

i want a green card, not a yellow one.
    as long as hobbes isnt stuck inthe sin bin with us.
    god. hobbes and damo in there with me.
    handbags at dawn or what!

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline.
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Lol, marbles smile.gif. Anyways, aside from the normal pure spam post, here's a useful bit of info (erm, sort of) The oxford english dictionary indicates that the word bolocks is spelt with 2 "l"s. So there Delly cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

No offence intended, can I still come to the LAN? cool.gif

yeah eamo you can come! maybe you can fascinate us with tales of your experiences in windows and linux, and maybe you can tell us just WHY bill gates is so lame!

rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Regardless of how pi$$ed you are at an admin(or any1 else for that matter) that sort of languge is still inexcusable, especialy for a Cybercafe, personnelly I think that u got off lightly for that sort of attack.

You take it up with them personnnelly. Remember this is a public forum what ever you say every1 who reads these boards will see.

After being on the recieving end of attacks like this, I know full well what it's like.
    Its a pain in the ass, just because some1 dose not know when to quit.

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 07-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

If you can't understand that, Monty is saying that they should have censored the censored bad language and killed this post whilst ignoring Junkie's polite one. I too have been abused Monty, I also bare its terrible brunt, but I found it in my heart to forgive them...as you should do also....and as the old proverb says, let ye who cast the first stone thrice be forever smitten upon ye...god speed Monty..............................god speed.

Fin.

damo accepts daire's pineapple eek.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ahh damo, why are you giving me such a hard time of late?
    ive never used linux and i dont think bill gates is lame.
    please, let us be friends again.....

mad.gif

haha that smiley looks like the head of some scobe throwing shapes at some youngfla who was looking at his burd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

god almighty, why not just post a link to a site or page that has some info about the net cafe and say go here if u like, bog off if u dont ?

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Could everyone please dismount from they're respective high horses.
    Such blatant hypocrisy makes my brains sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I just wanted to be a part of this thread.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Advertisement