Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What else would you like to see in DC?

Options
  • 10-01-2004 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Personally although its nice to see, the scud launcher is a bit of a waste and takes too long to set up and use, id like to see the T55 Tank, The Soviet-era T-55 is the most numerous tank in the Iraqi arsenal, and has been involved in several fierce tank battles during the current war,Iraq's remaining T55s have been the subject of upgrades, their the most numerous tank in the iraqi Army, not the t72 which was only allocated to republican Guard units. Nice to have a The Republican Guard Uniform for the Special Ops Unit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

There isnt much to add really that they dont have something very similar too already, Id like to see some more countried in it really, add a bit more veriety.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

hmm the only thing id really like to see is an actual retail release so people dont have keep downloading 550 megs for me every couple of months

Sigh

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I wouldnt mind seeing what they origionally planned a year ago. They wanted to add other armies such as the British etc. and have more then just the US. Hope they do continue with the origional plans, it would be quite fantastic then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Truck full of TNT on the Iraqi side? C&C style.

Think about it; adreneline rush while driving it, and if they do cop on, it'll be too late :):ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Conlai

Truck sounds great, but in this "PC" world I don't think it would ever happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Or a suicide bomber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Well if you read the official website, they still promise to put in all the major forces of that war, from Britain, France and Germany; to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and India. Something tells me they've forgotten that, and would rather just perfect the already huge arsenal they've made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 CoolNitro

I'ed like to see full on C&C like renagade but much better thay have some of the buildings allready and all the tanks.

I can just see it now having a commander building the bace and having to guard the havester.

Better sitll have them make a Command & Conquer: DC mod off of DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by magick
    Or a suicide bomber

didnt the iraq special op class used to have a suicide bomb as a weapon.
    in any case, it a regular occurance that people blow themselves up with their own c4 tryin to destroy a tank.

"will i try and run? or will i blow myself up with him?"

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    "will i try and run? or will i blow myself up with him?"

So very true, dude. I'd pop off a four sticks of C-4, lay on top of them so he couldn't see tham, and when the ***k tried to run me over in a tank, mutha-***kin CLICK!

True, I'd die, and all, but so the tank. I usually only did close to a spawn point, or near a major stragtic point.

• Advertisement

didnt the iraq special op class used to have a suicide bomb as a weapon.

Yea it did indeed. I think it was maybe .3g or so it was in. Then it got removed cos it didnt really work too well. It was quite good actually. You run and click and you scream and about 3/4 of the time nothing happened but occasionally you would actually blow up.

Pity they removed it but then again the Iraqi's dont really use suicide bombers that much....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Personally although its nice to see, the scud launcher is a bit of a waste and takes too long to set up and use, id like to see the T55 Tank, The Soviet-era T-55 is the most numerous tank in the Iraqi arsenal, and has been involved in several fierce tank battles during the current war,Iraq's remaining T55s have been the subject of upgrades, their the most numerous tank in the iraqi Army, not the t72 which was only allocated to republican Guard units. Nice to have a The Republican Guard Uniform for the Special Ops Unit

Yes, Id like to the T55 as well. As the T55 is quite old and, well, crap compared to modern tanks, they could give the Iraqis twice the number of tanks to balance it out. As it stands, I dont think even the T72 should be as effective as it is. If its turret had full 360 movement in DC, it would be a clone of the M1A1.

A handful of more modern Soviet tanks (T80, T90) wouldnt go amiss either. Also, afaik modern tanks have anti-chopper weaponry, a kind of shell that fragments in the air like a shotgun. That would certainly make the game less chopper sided. (Im aware thats its possible to shoot down a chopper in DC with the Sabot style anti armor shell..)

Maybe the DC guys should play Flashpoint for some inspiration?

Matt

Originally posted by Winters

Pity they removed it but then again the Iraqi's dont really use suicide bombers that much....

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but thats correct. The game is loosely based on Military vs Military conflict, not Para-Military.

Matt

The game is loosely based on Military vs Military conflict, not Para-Military.

True but in the last Gulf War (Gulf War 2) the Iraqi forces used the fedieen forces which are a Para-Military created by one of Saddams sons Uday or Qsay, not sure whch son. But i think it would be deadly if they had the Fedieen or Republican Guard forces in it.Also, would it be possible to put in sand storms in it? Would be an interesting feature espically as some people are sick of the choppers domination of some levels of the game.

Also, would it be possible to put in sand storms in it?
    Yup, weather is do-able, but ... uhhh ... here comes my word again I seem to use n this forum a lot ... ...
    it creates lag
    and it would be easy enough to make it cause damage on vehicles ala water.

True but in the last Gulf War (Gulf War 2) the Iraqi forces used the fedieen forces which are a Para-Military created by one of Saddams sons Uday or Qsay, not sure whch son. But i think it would be deadly if they had the Fedieen or Republican Guard forces in it.

Good point!

How about positional damage on vehicles? I imagine the engine prolly cant handle it, but how about just some minor effects, like when a chopper is heavily damaged it starts to spin out of control (yet still flyable)..

Matt

How about positional damage on vehicles? I imagine the engine prolly cant handle it, but how about just some minor effects, like when a chopper is heavily damaged it starts to spin out of control (yet still flyable)..
    Check out Edge of Destruction for that - the tail rotor on the choppers can be blown off, causing a little loss in control, complete with alarm sounding in cockpit iirc ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by Matt Simis

would be a nice touch....

what id really like to see is an altered more realistic version of the rpg/bazooka. the was it launches kinda slow to begin with but then begins to pick up speed.

cant really describe it, but it'd be nice all the same.

again, new armies would be nice. possibly the inclusion of a guerilla force for the iraq for certain, perhaps, post war levels. a la like what were seeing now in iraq. i'd also like to see the navy developed even more, i love the new carrier.

ps.was the stealth fighter supposed to come a few versions ago? whats the deal with that, has it been dropped completely? i dont particulary want it in the game, just remembered.....

• Advertisement

EOD had the Blackbird modelled and it was supposidly to be released in 0.2 but it never came. Pity.
    I do remember pictures of the stealth bomber by DC. It was looking quite sexy too. I think it was back in either 0.3 or 0.4. Dont know why it never appeared though.

Also it would be good to have the SMAW working as it should. If you ever see footage of it in use you will notice that it fires out and falls down only to open wings and blast at its target. It looks more like the rockets from the bradly when fired in real life. Just if they could get more accurate ... player guided missiles. Or even lazer guided ones. I remember a mod [Empirers possible or some other] actually got it working using two motors in the missile. DC team dont plan to use it unless they can do it with very little lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

LDVs

Patriot Missile launcher with tractor.

I do remember pictures of the stealth bomber by DC. It was looking quite sexy too. I think it was back in either 0.3 or 0.4. Dont know why it never appeared though.
    That was accidently included in one of the versions of DC without it being used - so just recompiled elAlamein with it in it; the plane was was unflyable, and had infinite bomb-load, but it was fun :D

perhaps, post war levels. a la like what were seeing now in iraq. i'd also like to see the navy developed even more, i love the new carrier.

See "Day 2" or "Day 3", etc, for maps of the next day :)

They're usually pretty much the same, minus planes. Some have extra things in them, tho.

Originally posted by the_syco
    See "Day 2" or "Day 3", etc, for maps of the next day :)

They're usually pretty much the same, minus planes. Some have extra things in them, tho.

i dont mean the day 2/3 levels, i meant actual post war, as to use the gurillea iraq army i mentioned.

i meant actual post war, as to use the gurillea iraq army i mentione

Sounds good idea for a game, but due to American Deaths being covered so much by the media , i think if the DC tem decided to make this the Media would probably swarm all over it demanding they put a stop to it. Probably Fox news "fair and biased" :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by shinzon
    hmm the only thing id really like to see is an actual retail release so people dont have keep downloading 550 megs for me every couple of months

Pfft so you'd rather pay for a 550MB patch that you can get on a CDR for free of a friend?
    are you mad?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

EOD had the Blackbird modelled and it was supposidly to be released in 0.2 but it never came. Pity.

Hehe, that would be fun, so fast it would fly off the map and be shot down in seconds, you'd need a map as big as now fly zone to have any fun with it imho

Advertisement