Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Visa

• 10-01-2004 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

I was there watching The Visa recently and its a v underrated ep. The scene in the restaurant is brilliant with George Cheryl Jer and Elaine: Its hilarious watching Jer being unfunny just for George's benefit.

George: "Dark and disturbed his whole life revolves around Superman and cereal"

which is v true.

Kramer telling The Mickey Mantle story was excellent, thats the thing about Sein would it have been as funny if they actually showed that happening? Somehow I don't so.

:)

Larry: "Sometimes I like to pretend that I'm deaf".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I always loved the ep myself. Jerry playing the vunerable, almost pitiful comic- which ironically is the way alot of comedians are when they are not performing. REmember how that was highlighted in the "Standup America" series.

--
    BTW, Ciaran its is so cold here in NY atm-
    see here...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1313980#post1313980

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

OMG, you must be wearing at least 5 pairs of socks :)

I do indeed remember that superb series. At the moment I'm watching Britians Best Sitcoms, they are highlighting the 50 goes on for 3 hrs.

Basically you cant go out, but we hardly have the heat on in the apartment cos the building is so warm cos of all of the windows- when the sun shines its tshirt weather!

I was up in the gym earlier and there was beads of sweat on me!

--
    I'd love to get that series on DVD or download it- it really was brill. Mark Lamaar was good in it actually.

Elaine: "Good sweat, beads of sweat sweating bullets".:)

When the sun shines here you don't know what to expect cause it could rain the next minute.

John Sergent was analysing Blackadder last nite great stuff!
    BTW Dave did any of your friends tape The Office Crimbo Specials for ya? They were excellent.
    Paramount have lost rights to season 5, 6 and 7 of Sein: Thanks Christ for my tapes.:)

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was back at Crimbo- spent it in Leitrim and The Office honestly the only thing I cleared the decks to see.

The first part was a bit dull but obviously a lead into the finale! It was nice to see Brent seemd to find his soulmate in the end and also Tim and Dawn got together. That Lee fella was scum!

Keith reminds me some of Seinfeld creation...but who!? He's hillarious

I love Brents Brass neck...When he just kept "popping in" at Wernheim Hogg!!
    Its like the Bizarro Jerry when Kramer just starts working in the firm and then keeps showing up.

I'm sure it will be released on DVD at some point. Worth it though :)

Originally posted by 80project
    [
    Keith reminds me some of Seinfeld creation...but who!? He's hillarious

Fred from The Secret Code perhaps?

I love in the second part when the girl rings him up and when she asks his name he just shuns her.

The song was hilarious too, I heard that song a few weeks back in TP Smiths in town.

Advertisement