Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake III Fortress

Options
  • 07-03-2000 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the alpha version of this team fortress mod. Its available for download if you know where to look.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Why bother when Q3 is sh|te. Oops.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Excellent point Muso. As a matter of interest are we finding a fall off in Q3 players as the laggards realise it is in fact **** or are ppl persevering because its Quake. In other words is the Q3 scene sustainable. Are more ppl playing UT and HL TFC ?
    Just interested.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I haven't played Q3 in about 2 weeks. I've discovered a little mod called Counter-Strike for Half-Life.
    So much more fun. I think I'm bored of just running around aimlessly shooting the same old weapons, only to get pingfragged. Has Q3 advanced the genre any further? I think not. Its the same game with prettier graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Q3 clan scene in the UK is going to the dogs; no-shows all over the shop due to players all playing CounterStrike, UT or Planetarion. The initial burst of enthusiasm in the game is dying fast.

Interestingly, the UT scene, which started out very poorly, is improving slowly - partially due to the influx of Q3 players, it has to be said.

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yes, it has to be said that Counter-Strike kicks ass.
    I stopped playing Quake(CA) a few months ago in favour of Halflife (Deathmatch & TFC), then CS came along and now halflife is all I play.
    I sometimes play the odd game of Quake2 when I need my fix of fast-paced fragging.

Click here to beat your monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Sometimes I have to go to the top of these threads to make sure I'm in the Quake board. If ye want to talk about other FPS games please go to a different board or ask the powers that be to put up a board for ye.

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I played CounterStrike months and months and months ago... ages ago. It had potential but was just another boring ****ing 'wait around, collect coins, build a house, role-playing game'. Has it progressed since then?

UT is just too 'pokey' to be enjoyable. It is not fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

"team fortress"

i want to be a medic
    and heal people
    that is all

as for halflife, i got tired of that after watching the intro for 30 mins, then going around pushing trolleys and talking to spastic guards and even spasticer scientists

you didn't ACTUALLY try and talk to the guards and scientists did you Koopa m8?
    Oh for gods sake! rolleyes.gif ROFLOL!
    They can't hear you dood! biggrin.gif

maybe you should try RealLifeTM if you need a chat... wink.gif

"If clouds are the soil, dreams are the crop." - Volrath.
    Click here for - Tony et Gerry
    we don't really get along but he's sound enough
    sound enough but not sound enough is he

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

hehe slagging ******* although RealLife heard thats a pretty ****e game takes too long to die mostly and the rewards are few and far between unless you REALLY want to work for them and as well as that it's just another boring ****ing 'wait around, collect coins, build a house, role-playing game'.

pure ****e

bye for now
    Baz

respect! eek.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

WORD

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

By the way SB I am talking about Quake. I'm saying Q3 is ****e. How more topical do you want it?

M

P.S. don't bother going to the top of the thread to see what forum you are on. Use that little known thing called memory that will kindly inform you of what forum you last entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

If you want a more for your quake 3 come help me to start off my mod.If we get it complete if should provide an alternative to CS.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

What's Planetarion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Originally posted by musician:
    By the way SB I am talking about Quake. I'm saying Q3 is ****e. How more topical do you want it?

Didn't have you pegged as a muppet before Muso. Oh how disappointed I am...

Jimmy...

Haha - didn't have you pegged as someone who resorted to calling people a muppet without any justification. Oh well.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

Let the hand bags fly lads
    g.

Daddy or Chips?

Advertisement