Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Simultaneous Downloads

Options
  • 10-01-2004 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

I am running XP Pro, and when I'm on the internet, I can only download 3 things at the same time. Can I increase this to unlimited simultaneous downloads??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Nothing to do with windows.
    At a guess you are using IE and it has limits on downloads.

get xpantispy - on the stickies somewhere - allows you to increase to 10

note: some sites only allow a certain number of connections from each IP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You shouldn't, but this is how.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Use Mozilla Firebird web browser much better than IE and supports multi downloads.

Thanks joePC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'd be mighty surprised if any Mozilla product didn't adhere to RFC2068. My copy of Firebird certainly won't download more than two files simultaneously from the same site.

adam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebird/release-notes.html#install

Mozilla Firebird 0.7/0.7.1 is a Technology Preview. While this software works well in most cases, generally well enough to be relied upon as your primary browser, we make no guarantees of its performance or stability in its pre-1.0 state and it should not be relied upon for mission-critical tasks.
    LOL - It's way more stable than IE6 patched to the hilt on the same PC - can't wait for 1.0 !
    And the "new tab" feature - yeah.

[EDIT] nea bother - IE has some uses - for sites that are hard locked into IE and you could use it to start the third download - or you could use a real download "accelerator"

• Advertisement
Advertisement