Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ms word and me puter in gen..

Options
  • 10-01-2004 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

few questions to those that have a little time on their hands.

wheres me msword gone????
    dont know where its gone.. and cant find my office 2000 disk.. its around here somewhere but cant find it.
    need it kinda quick, any1 in the dub area wanna burn me a copy i have my origanal serial here. thanks.

i have a few cds with vid files on them, work grand in me mates pc but not mine, they come up as audio.. any1 gots any ideas, ive tryed a few diffrent types of media players etc. nothin working..
    so if ya can help..
    would be very greatful.
    Kastro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

First one: what happens if you click start, click run and type winword

(or if you do a search for winword.exe on your C drive, does it return a result?)

Heh, "burn me a copy". Funny that.

Second: you're obviously missing the codecs. Google for "Nimo Codec Pack", download it, install. You might also need some extra divx codecs and others but the nimo pack (preferably version 7 or above if there's a newer one) should sort you out for a start.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I have to say it.... :D
    Why you using MS Word, get yourself OpenOffice - www.openoffice.org
    :p

haha, burn me a CD, ohh how I laughed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BTW: the serial is no use if the office 2000 CD is a different version / service release.
    eg: SR1 / SBE / STD / PRO / PREMIUM etc.

Also the serial is no use with the Cert - and that's usually on the CD case :confused:

Openoffice - no outlook , no access , no easter eggs , no viruses , no serial , no license and it opens corrupt excel docs.

Advertisement