Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor Mills..........(not really)

• 10-01-2004 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

See him today? What a fool. Just watched it there. Quite funny when Henry took the ball of him at the corner flag.

link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw his low class street thug act on The Premiership.

I liked Henrys nutmeg and "Shut it Mills" gesture after he scored....:)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

The nutmeg was the best part of it. I'd say that was more effective than the taunting celebration afterwards. The look of ejection on Mills' face when he was beaten was priceless. Well done Henry:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Indeed i have very little respect for Danny Mills, infact im almost ashamed to share a name with him.

However from that article this pissed me off:
    MAN OF THE MATCH: Thierry Henry. Give him the award before every game starts as he is the best talent in the game at the moment

Almost to say he doesnt even have to try, he tries usually very hard and is insulting to the other Arsenal players and opposition to say he doesnt even have to try to get MotM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Whoever wrote that article couldn't be any further up Henry's arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Its always good to see Danny Mills made a fool of, hes an idiot and a dirty player. But thats common in the premiership, not being controversial or anything but most English defenders are IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

I can see him causing serious damage to Henry during the next 3 matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by kida

Cant see henry playing 2 of the three. If not all 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Danny Mills = STOCKIN'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

It was nice to see the "Angel" Mills been made a fool of !

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by kida
    Why, is he going bang his head off the bench? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Mills is the perfect 'bad' example of English Footy.He had a good season with Charlton a few years back ,was picked for England squad,Got big money move to Leeds and got found out.Money and Speed do not a good footballer make!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Yeah but people always like players had their clubs who will break an annoying player's legs :)

19 Premiership club's supporters may hate him but I bet Boro fans love to see him crunching in on someone like Giggs or Henry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Originally posted by ChumpStain
    Its always good to see Danny Mills made a fool of, hes an idiot and a dirty player. But thats common in the premiership, not being controversial or anything but most English defenders are IMO.

Thats a pathetic statement!

So Wes Brown, Gareth Southgate, Sol Campbell, Rio ferdinand, Martin Taylor, Mathew Upson, and many more are all idiots and dirty players in your opinion eh?

And what would your opinion be based on? Your inbuilt prejudices?

A lot of the the aforementioned footballers and their teammates spend a fair amount of their time working for charity, and in their local communites and hospitals.
    The fact they dont seek headlines, impresses me even more.

if your interested in some of the work they do look
    here and here
    here

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I wasn't trying to say they were idiots so sorry about that, I meant to say they were dirty and like I said its MY opinion and I didn't say all BTW. I also think the Italians have dirty defenders aswell so maybe I do have inbuilt prejudices against most nations making me a screaming racist.And that list of players you made is a good one but I was referring to players like Ashley Cole, Martin Keown, Mills and others like Gerrard. Or maybe I'm wrong and I really am "prejudiced" and there are no dirty English players in the league, so I apologise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Mills is a thug and he's rubbish. I'm not the biggest Arsenal fan in the World but I'll admit I was happy to See mills made a fool of. The best ever was the way Henry nutmaegged him at the corner flag and Mills stood there like a spoilt child. The best part about it was he stood giving out to the Linesman for about 30 seconds afterwards and played the whole Arsenal team Onside. Quality defending.

I think even Boro fans will be happy when Davies takes his place in the not so distant future.

Advertisement