Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the good stereos gone?

Options
  • 11-01-2004 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is looking for a decent stereo system. I've looked all over the internet but can't find anything good.

What he's looking for is a stack style stereo with an amplifier, cd, twin cassette, tuner and most important; a turntable. It also has to have fairly powerful speakers.

The best price he saw in dublin for a system like this was €1100 without speakers.

Surely someone knows of somewhere where he can get a better deal than that! The best I found on the net was a sony MHC-GX8800, but that doesn't have a turntable and it seemed only to be on sale in the U.S.

A British site was perfect selling all the seperate components to put together to make the perfect system, however they only deliver inside the U.K.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

I presume he has tried Peats on Parnell St. or Russell Hi-Fi near the Halfpenny Bridge on the south quays. There used to be a HiFi shop called Richer Sounds just along the quays from Russell HiFi called Richer Sounds but I think they are gone. The website is http://www.richersounds.com/ I don't know if they deliver to Ireland. Does he want all the items to be from the same manufacturer?

Argos have a few Sony, Wharfedale, and Acoustic Solutions on pages 700-702 of the current catalogue.

Advertisement