Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United under Investigation

• 11-01-2004 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

01/10/2004. Manchester United are facing an investigation into the transfer that brought goalkeeper Tim Howard to Old Trafford in the summer, according to the Sunday Times.

The newspaper reports that the Football Association are to investigate allegations that hidden payments were made to agents during the £2.3m signing of the American international.

The investigation centres around the involvement of Sir Alex Ferguson's son, Jason, and his company Elite Sports Group, as a business partner is believed to have benefited financially from the transfer.

The company has previously played a part in transfer dealings involving United, which has raised questions about a conflict of interests.

The FA's executive director David Davies was quoted by the paper as saying: "Various documents are now in our possession. They will be studied very carefully and any breach of the rules and regulations that they show will then be discussed as a matter of urgency."

With so much hassle off the pitch at united this season I hope it does not start to affect our results.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ahh just another story that pops out of nowhere to try and **** up United

I doubt that United would be involved with an illegal trnsfer business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Being a PLC should makes Uniteds dealings a lot more open , or so you would think. But to be honest, Jason Ferguson or Elite Sports Group or whatever it is, should not get involved in United transfers if at all possible. It only breeds investigations like this one. We all like to think that United are whiter than white, but I have no doubt that when it comes to running probably the biggest club in the world, United put their own interests first, and if it goes on - they are up to it, but no more or less so than anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by kmart6

yeah it could never happen.............:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ahh just another story that pops out of nowhere to try and **** up United

just like the rio affair right and its not the first time people are unhappy with united transfer etiquette (robben, saha just to name a few)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

whats wrong with the saha transfer dealings? Its Fulham who ****ed up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Wasn't there trouble over the way they went about signing Jaap Stam a few years ago or am I just imagining things again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Latest on the story:

"All our deals are approved by the board of Manchester United PLC and are conducted in accordance with Fifa and FA rules," said a club statement.

"Details of payments involved in those deals are sent to the football authorities as required under their regulations."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think this is the FA's way of telling united to forget the Rio appeal IMO. Time will tell of course. What action can they take against Man U ?

Tinky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by tinky
    I think this is the FA's way of telling united to forget the Rio appeal IMO. Time will tell of course. What action can they take against Man U ?

Tinky

well it was a sunday newspaper that had the story and passed evidence onto the FA and on the basis of that evidence the FA are launching an inquiry

oh sorry the FA control the media now!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

well it was a sunday newspaper that had the story and passed evidence onto the FA and on the basis of that evidence the FA are launching an inquiry

Oh and the media are saints and beyond reproach are they ? Get real FFS - the FA are going to blackmail United with this little cherry to give up the appeal for Rio or at least get Rio to give up so the FA don't look like the twats they really are.
    oh sorry the FA control the media now!

:rolleyes:

Tinky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

http://www.football365.com/All_News/Breaking_News/story_96551.shtml
    However, having received the documentation, the FA are now duty-bound to launch a full investigation into not just the Howard deal, but also those of Harry Kewell's move from Leeds to Liverpool and Ivan Campo's arrival at Bolton from Real Madrid, details of which have also been forwarded to Soho Square.

Not just United but of course the media ignore that fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    whats wrong with the saha transfer dealings? Its Fulham who ****ed up

Can you explain how Fulham ballsed up the transfer dealings there then, since it was Saha's agent who made the dealings public ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Have I missed something? Has United been accused of acting illegally in their approach for Saha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Fulham gave a copy of a document marked "private and confidential" faxed by United to the press.

Advertisement