Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Word to say "ASLAN"

Options
  • 11-01-2004 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Aslan are the nest band since slice pan i'd say there gonna make it big here, there like irish rock sort of like U2 Like.

go to the webby: http://www.aslan.ie+

any Comments on this band Gimme a Shout.

...Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 SantaClaws

sorry the link is: http://www.aslan.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

SPAM!

and bizarre spam at that. Aslan have been schelping
    round the circut for nearly 20 years if they were going to amount to anything it would have happened in 1986-7.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Just look at it like this, U2 have had all these years to get it right and they haven't. I mean look what they've given us, All That You Can't Leave Behind, this should never have been released. Instead it should have been a much better version with special features like a bonus dvd with all the videos.
    Aslan have come along and look like they'll get it right on their first go. The album looks really nice. And it has loads of specials on it, stuff that U2 never included.
    If they don't price it too high, this album will spell the end of U2 and blow All That You Can't Leave behind out of the water.

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Originally posted by SantaClaws
    i'd say there gonna make it big here,

well they have been playing for long enough they should have made it big by now.their a fairly good band,easily listened too but will hardly make it much more big than they are at present,their best album is the unplugged one,the best songs being covers though so they obviously lack a bit in the creative dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'm not a fan, to say the least. seeing christy whatshisface on stage at that o2 in the park yoke on tv was horrible, i was embarassed for him... crazy junkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

aslan are absolute tripe... glorified pub band is all they are

i hear rumours that theyll be on the bill at witnness this year, hope to got its not true. can you imagine the amount of absolute schwars theyll attract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Ah, I misread the title. I thought is was one word to say TO Aslan, like shout at them at a gig or something....

My word would be.....

"GEAR?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by robbie1876
    Ah, I misread the title. I thought is was one word to say TO Aslan, like shout at them at a gig or something....
    "Retire" would be a better one imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

Originally posted by project-mayhem
    i'm not a fan, to say the least. seeing christy whatshisface on stage at that o2 in the park yoke on tv was horrible, i was embarassed for him... crazy junkie.

Yeah, I saw that too. Christy looked like someone had wired something to his nuts, what with all the twitching and hand movements.
    I was a fan of theirs years ago, they played regularly in Galway, a gang of us used to go and always had a great night. Of course rumour had it Christy was off the gear for a while back then....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

what I want to know is when will they release that great track 'crazy world', they must be on their 5th version of that by now.....
    'errr...*sniff*...err... this ones called..err... crazy world 2004 *sniff*'

kinda like that Ralph McTell sketch on Big Train, where everyone just keeps telling him to play streets of london.

Flogen
    (ps, they suck)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Originally posted by project-mayhem

u dont like fookin anything project thats your problem and shame on you not supporting Aslan they're only around the corner from yoursmelf so be careful they dont send the booyyyyss around:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

(laughs)My friend's uncle is the lead singer. They look eerily similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

My cousin is in Aslan. yay for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They are the next big thing.
    Except they always have been and probably always will be.

Have to agree with Mike65 on this, they were booed off stage at one college gig back in the early 80's before they had any hits.

BTW: If you were listening to Dave Fanning earlier - they are out doing concerts for the troops - for free.

Lion Witch Wardrobe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

= Sh*t:rolleyes:

Advertisement