Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New User Tag

Options
  • 11-01-2004 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

OK, heres an idea i had when extremly tired and delirious, how about a new tag that is OUTSIDE the usual system

Basically when a user has a certain amount, say 10 posts per day, they instantly lose whatever tag they have and become:

SPAMMER!

This should discourage pl posting useless ****€ in the las hundred posts up to no life, which is REALLY annoying

Well?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Sadly this would probably encourage people to post more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i'd even go as far as posting the extra 8000 posts required to get me that tag in a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Or maybe new ones instead of the 'Insane Poster' etc that's been here for [how long] ;)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

kewl.... id loved to be called spammer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by BoobeR
    Or maybe new ones instead of the 'Insane Poster' etc that's been here for [how long] ;)?

We went through a lot of debates about what the titles should be. We even tried a few. The problem is that they usually have a theme (Star Trek, LOTR etc) and nobody can agree on one. So we end up going back to the ones you see now.

Possibly tying different tag schemes into the different styles (eg Battle of the Planets rankings for the Cloud Style, Star Wars ranks for Star Wars Style etc.). No idea if it's technically possible though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

How about when someone gets over 4000/5000 posts, they can just decide their own custom title.

That's a very good idea if it was possible, and Say if someone's title is "jedi" using star wars board style or something, another person using say cloud boards should be able to see his title as "Jedi" instead of some other Cloud one. (which would be nice)

Would be a very good idea to look into.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    How about when someone gets over 4000/5000 posts, they can just decide their own custom title.

The flaws in giving rewards for certain post counts have already been highlighted. It encourages spamming. Besides, I have a custom title. Guess how I got it. G'wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Sexual favours?

Oh please say its sexual favours!

*Joy*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

because you won a tournament, for which the title "Emperor of Games" as bestowed on you with much ado and large breasted women dropping grapes into your mouth and gently waving palm leaves?

am i right am i?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by amp
    The flaws in giving rewards for certain post counts have already been highlighted. It encourages spamming.

Hmm, how long would it take people to spam up 4000 or 5000 posts? I doubt anyone likes spamming that much tbh.

Originally posted by amp
    Besides, I have a custom title. Guess how I got it. G'wan.

No idea to be quite honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

He payed nimrod

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well i reckon that the mods should bestow tags on some people say Sangre could be "not banned..yet", utility could be "uber troll"... etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Or we could just get rid of the tags except for mods / subscribers?

Nahi think they are fine as they are. Its not like new tags will add greatly to the boards experience.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by Kold
    Well i reckon that the mods should bestow tags on some people say Sangre could be "not banned..yet", utility could be "uber troll"... etc etc

I resist such temptations almost every day ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

why bother? resistance is futile :)

Originally posted by ecksor
    I resist such temptations almost every day ...

Exactly why bother? I'd be fun to see what the admins and mods have to say about us lowly, non subscibed users.

Except they'd start having too much fun and change almost everyone's to some kind of insult and then there would be a rising!! muhah.. um ok i'll stop now, but hey i think new tags etc would be a good idea, especially the idea amp said. :)

Advertisement