Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty Servers..

Options
  • 11-01-2004 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've put up 2 call of duty servers as of today.

games4.iol.ie:28960 - CoD1
    games4.iol.ie:28961 - CoD2

Both are set for 20 players although I might drop that back depending on the load on the box.

Voting is allow'd at the moment.

If anyone has any questions just ask.

Enjoy.

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

U got a good connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

ill field that one, yes.

If you tracert games4.iol.ie you'll see where its at :)

Nice to see you (finally) got it up :D ta m8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

will these show up on ase and what times are they up at

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

shin: those servers are properly hosted at IOL, they're up 24 hours a day. Until Ronin decides to put some other game up :)

Originally posted by Stephen
    shin: those servers are properly hosted at IOL, they're up 24 hours a day. Until Ronin decides to put some other game up :)

right so ill have a look for them on ASE tonight

Thx

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Hey,

Yeah they are up 24/7 for the moment. They seem to be getting alot of use so I'll probably put up another one.

The servers are all in the same place as the other games.iol servers.

There'll be more servers added soon.

Paul

5 hops 9ms dos ping, practically a lan game ffs :p

how would 56K run on it being in ireland on all, it probablly slow yall down.

i was just on thee a minute ago, not to shabby on 56k at all, pretty decent, but when the lag waves come watch out

i enjoyed it but you should set up a TDM server, mush better then plain deathmatch

Shin

I've just setup a 3rd server.

its on games2.iol.ie:28960

I'll monitor things to see if dm or tdm is more popular with 3 servers. Voting is enabled so the game type can be changed.

One of the 3 is currently tdm after a vote was called.

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

193.120.123.133:28961 - this one isnt responding

played on the first one, great server,pings nice although deathmatch mode i dislike, is the third one tdm?

Was just playing it with 56K aswell and its not that bad but with the odd bit of lag, im thinkin of gettin ISDN because DSL is out of the question, would ISDN help my ping alot compared to 56K?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

indeed it would - with cod its sporadic though, but when its calm its in 60's, it spikes a lot to like 140ish but its still extremely smooth and thats only on like 32 player servers

im able to finish top3 of most servers i play on and thats always tdm uk servers so yes it would

Hey,

One of them hung earlier so I restarted it with a proper server config.

All are currently setup with game type of dm but voting is enabled so a vote can be called easily to change it to team deathmatch..

The current maps within the map rotation are

mp_brecourt
    mp_carentan
    mp_chateau
    mp_depot
    mp_railyard

These are there for both dm and tdm.

If people want more/less just give good reasons and we'll consider changes.

Same with changing of frag/time limits etc.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Gave them a shot before I went to bed , only one with ppl on it , 14 if I remember correctly and it pings good .

I Kinda like my war games to have somekind of objective instead of just a frag fest , its fun for a small while but its easy to get bored with . Maybe given that there are 3 and it seems only one is in use may one of the others could be set to one of the other modes .

Having said that , I wouldn't know much about it anyways and tbh only really played it seriously online tonight .

John.

Calling a vote can be used to change the game type, so far only dm and tdm are allowed in the config although i might change that if people want on one of the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

ownage .... heee hee

any way real msg is thanks ronin 4 puttin up some cod server's, ure a good lad :rolleyes:

any way it would be nice to see a few farmiliar faces on them as much as possible so lets make it worth while and try and play on them as much as possible ( dat way ronin wont replace them 4 quake3)

any way see u all there are some stage

D.

its ordered dave ffs, calm down. Ill be on to whip ya soon enough :D

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    its ordered dave ffs, calm down. Ill be on to whip ya soon enough :D

The comedy never ends owen ,u cant hit what u cant see me lad and u aint slim enough to dodge a bullet from my BAR u just remember dat :cool:

lol

D.

ah jesus another game ill have to beat u at. That makes how many now? :p

• Advertisement

Sounds like dueling talk to me tbh.

It can so be arranged ..

mauahah

P

if i have ta l33t hax0r spaek u out of COd i will 0w3n u f3ck13ss bunny h0pp3r,

hee heee

ure kung foo is good but mine is better u just remember dat i'll see u on the playin fields in 35 mins

D.

Advertisement